Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'ere we go again
AndyFrance

'ere we go again

Getting a little tired with the LR dealership.......and my order!

Returned yesterday form a trip to the Uk, having just missed the first dealer contact in 3 month's. Just a courtesy call taken by my wife to inform me that no build date yet, but should know by September. Not a problem and thought it good that they took the time. Well, thinking about the call, having my tea and toast this morning, opened up the Macbook and got on the French LR configurator. Got a bit of a shock to see the French SE front and rear bumper guards/valance have changed from a nice 'white silver' to dark grey (unchanged on the UK site).

Not happy, straight on the phone to the dealer. 'We'll check and phone you back' they said.

No call, but received an email from them with their dealer notes for MY16 attached. I already have them, so I emailed back asking them to check with LR to see why the website has changed and asking for them to confirm will I get silver or grey?...... Do they expect me to either, do their job, or just go away until it's time to pay.........Or both?

This is not the first change......Thought I was ordering a 430NM motor, my spec sheet shows 380Nm......... I'm dreading finding any more changes to my original order!

I paid a deposit and I am contracted to purchase, but if LR think they can change what they want after the fact and expect me to continue with the purchase, they should think again.

I really mean this. I'm on the verge of cancelling my order. I've always wanted a Range Rover, and I'm now in a position to buy outright and more than willing to do so, but my experience with the LR dealership so far has been amateurish to say the least.

I've purchased many new cars over the year's, but never, ever had a pi$$ poor experience like this........and there's another 4 month's to wait yet!!!!!

I'm hoping for their reply tomorrow, but this is France, so maybe sometime next week.
08-07-2015 05:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
walterwindbag

RE: 'ere we go again

(08-07-2015 05:42pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Getting a little tired with the LR dealership.......and my order!

Returned yesterday form a trip to the Uk, having just missed the first dealer contact in 3 month's. Just a courtesy call taken by my wife to inform me that no build date yet, but should know by September. Not a problem and thought it good that they took the time. Well, thinking about the call, having my tea and toast this morning, opened up the Macbook and got on the French LR configurator. Got a bit of a shock to see the French SE front and rear bumper guards/valance have changed from a nice 'white silver' to dark grey (unchanged on the UK site).

Not happy, straight on the phone to the dealer. 'We'll check and phone you back' they said.

No call, but received an email from them with their dealer notes for MY16 attached. I already have them, so I emailed back asking them to check with LR to see why the website has changed and asking for them to confirm will I get silver or grey?...... Do they expect me to either, do their job, or just go away until it's time to pay.........Or both?

This is not the first change......Thought I was ordering a 430NM motor, my spec sheet shows 380Nm......... I'm dreading finding any more changes to my original order!

I paid a deposit and I am contracted to purchase, but if LR think they can change what they want after the fact and expect me to continue with the purchase, they should think again.

I really mean this. I'm on the verge of cancelling my order. I've always wanted a Range Rover, and I'm now in a position to buy outright and more than willing to do so, but my experience with the LR dealership so far has been amateurish to say the least.

I've purchased many new cars over the year's, but never, ever had a pi$$ poor experience like this........and there's another 4 month's to wait yet!!!!!

I'm hoping for their reply tomorrow, but this is France, so maybe sometime next week.

Salaam Abdullah - Comment Ca Va? Take it easy on the Blood Pressure or you'll be more worried about inheritance tax than road tax!
Bit of a puzzle on those torques - I also thought all the diesel Ingenium engines were listing at 430NM.
I wouldn't fret too much over the grey it'll just remind you of dear old Blighty.
Stay cool.
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
09-07-2015 09:04am
AndyFrance

I knew you'd reply Walt, and would've been disappointed if you hadn't!

I get the impression that the Indian car company is cutting corners big time to increase profit's. Giving less kit for more money in 2016, and now saving a few copper's on plastic fitting's. I wouldn't be surprised if MY17 had an option for a small Tandoor in the back.

While I'm here............The light bulb in your shed has blown.

Best
Ab
09-07-2015 09:19am
AndyFrance

The UK SE configurator changed as well this morning. Dark grey instead of white silver valance . Wonder if there'll be any other changes before production starts next week?...............I should really get a life Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 11:02am by AndyFrance.)
09-07-2015 11:00am
walterwindbag

I won't have a word said against the Sainted JLR. I got a massage last week from the dealer to confirm that JLR are still taking my privilege discount into the MY16 build and holding the prices we agreed at the 'old' model levels. Very Happy
All I've got to do know is try to work in a few changes to the Spec which weren't available when I ordered the MY15 e.g. automatic main beam switching.
BTW that's not the shed you're looking at, that's my new annexe since the Mrs found out what I was spending on the car! Shocked
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
09-07-2015 11:05am
PhilSkill

Have you checked out the colour of your wing mirror caps too...

Seems to depend what colour wheels you order!?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-07-2015 11:46am