Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
engine output confusion: data on TOPiX
Inges

RE: engine output confusion: data on TOPiX

Torque on TD4 are 400 while SD4 has 420, so no big difference.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 06:28pm by Inges.)
19-12-2012 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

muff.

I can't find the post now, but Pete Bell had a thread, which discussed various modifications. In that he showed photos of the injectors, both 150bhp & 190bhp, I'm sure some can find the link.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-12-2012 10:15pm
cjfp

Hmm, a search on the word injector and like magic Wink

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-BAS-OBD-r...UNITS-ONLY

Page 3

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 10:21pm by cjfp.)
19-12-2012 10:21pm
Evo-king

Trust me I searched on BAS. Cheers CJFP.

Now where's muff?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-12-2012 10:23pm
muff

engine output confusion: data on TOPiX

Ok. So someone who sponsors the site has data and self interest about power outputs. A wee bit of history. I remapped my RR Sport and it went like the wind. However, first time if went for a service it was remapped back to factory settings and the famous turbo lag on the RRS returned. Morale of the story? Don't waste your money on software changes that the main dealer will only reset at service time and the cash you pay for perceived power updates might invalidated your warranty.
20-12-2012 01:10am
speary

(20-12-2012 01:10am)muff Wrote:  Ok. So someone who sponsors the site has data and self interest about power outputs. A wee bit of history. I remapped my RR Sport and it went like the wind. However, first time if went for a service it was remapped back to factory settings and the famous turbo lag on the RRS returned. Morale of the story? Don't waste your money on software changes that the main dealer will only reset at service time and the cash you pay for perceived power updates might invalidated your warranty.

Most companies that do remaps will reinstall for free if a dealer restores the original map

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-12-2012 02:23pm
FujiSan

(19-12-2012 11:21am)NightFox Wrote:  A sponsor on here who does engine remaps recently tested the same car with both the 190PS and 150PS maps, he said with 4 adults in the car the 150 felt really sluggish compared to the 190. He did say the 150 felt noticeably less powerful than the 190 even with just a driver, but reading a lot of other people's comments on here and with my own experience, I don't think there's all that much difference for normal driving unless you're hauling a lot of weight or thrashing it.

I think the aforementioned sponsor is hardly likely to be a shining example of an unbiased view (IMHO)! From my side having not driven both, just my TD4, I have driven it with just me at the wheel and over the last few days with 5 adults in it and a fully crammed boot and, I did not really notice the difference when giving it a 'shove' to overtake. And, as I was still getting 42 MPG(UK) over a long motorway cruise down from Newcastle to London, with five people in, in the dark, cold, wet with most of the electrics and the aircon on, I remain quite impressed.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
20-12-2012 04:01pm