Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
emergency parking brake
cambel

emergency parking brake

how to release the parking brake when its blocked !!! there must be a reset procedure or some !!! for your information this happened after jump starting the car !!! thanks in advance
27-01-2013 01:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

emergency parking brake

You can put the EPB into service mode and then re-activate it.

[Image: pe5ymedu.jpg]

Hope this helps..

27-01-2013 03:18pm
cjfp

RE: emergency parking brake

Where did you find that cutter7? Wink

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-01-2013 04:51pm
cutter7

emergency parking brake

TOPIx LR

This was very helpful when I was changing my front and rear pads because the EPB has to be released so that the rear pads can be removed.

27-01-2013 05:04pm
Mikedw

(27-01-2013 05:04pm)cutter7 Wrote:  TOPIx LR

This was very helpful when I was changing my front and rear pads because the EPB has to be released so that the rear pads can be removed.

Hi Cutter, are the pads easy enough to change on the evoque ? Do they have wear indicators on them ?

Also could you email me that sheet on how to deactivate the EBC ? Some of its cut off on the picture you have put up.

Much appreciated

Mike
23-09-2013 06:47pm
cutter7

(23-09-2013 06:47pm)Mikedw Wrote:  Hi Cutter, are the pads easy enough to change on the evoque ? Do they have wear indicators on them ?

Also could you email me that sheet on how to deactivate the EBC ? Some of its cut off on the picture you have put up.

Much appreciated

Mike

Hi mikedw

The front pads are easy enough to change, but to change the rears all the info you need is on the deactivate chapter on the instruction sheet to release the EPB (6 steps)

I will look for the print out I took from TOPIx LR when I get home..

23-09-2013 09:08pm
Mikedw

(23-09-2013 09:08pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Hi mikedw

The front pads are easy enough to change, but to change the rears all the info you need is on the deactivate chapter on the instruction sheet to release the EPB (6 steps)

I will look for the print out I took from TOPIx LR when I get home..

Hi Cutter, thank you for your speedy reply.. Oh so I have to do the deactivate section first, then I can remove the rear pads ? Then once the rear pads are in I then reactivate the parking ?

If you could find the sheet that would be great, it's just hard to see the text on the left side of the picture you have put up.

Do you have to run the engine or just have the ignition on by pressing the start button once ?

Thanks

Mike
24-09-2013 01:08am
cutter7

(24-09-2013 01:08am)Mikedw Wrote:  Hi Cutter, thank you for your speedy reply.. Oh so I have to do the deactivate section first, then I can remove the rear pads ? Then once the rear pads are in I then reactivate the parking ?

If you could find the sheet that would be great, it's just hard to see the text on the left side of the picture you have put up.

Do you have to run the engine or just have the ignition on by pressing the start button once ?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,
Yes, you deactivate and then re activate the EPB system through the ignition ie start/stop button.

When you do each section the vehicle will give an audible Chime to confirm the deactivate and re activate were successful and you will also hear the piston callipers retract and engage with each section, ready for removal and install of new pads.

(This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 07:39am by cutter7.)
24-09-2013 07:04am
Mikedw

(24-09-2013 07:04am)cutter7 Wrote:  Hi Mike,
Yes, you deactivate and then re activate the EPB system through the ignition ie start/stop button.

When you do each section the vehicle will give an audible Chime to confirm the deactivate and re activate were successful and you will also hear the piston callipers retract and engage with each section, ready for removal and install of new pads.

Thank you for your help with this, so just to be 100%. Do I do the top part of the sheet to enter the service mode and then when the new rear pads are in I deactivate service mode ?

I'm competent in fitting brakes but just want to get this EPB correct.

Any advice on the cheapest place for genuine front and rear pads ? Do these also have wear indicators on?

Thanks

Mike
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 05:27pm by Mikedw.)
24-09-2013 05:20pm
PhilSkill

Activation (top part) means Activate Service mode, e.g. what you do before changing brake pads, as the EPB will be released so you can remove the pads when Service Mode is activated!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-09-2013 07:02pm