Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transmission Fault
russiandl

Transmission Fault

Hello everyone have been trying to figure out what is causing this fault. Most of the transmission gear faults I have found are people experiencing limp mode and reduced traction or some other light inconjunction. I turned my 2012 evoque on yesterday and the message reads " Transmission Fault put in P before shutting off engine" there doesn't seem to be any issue with driving it just the warning. I have tried doing both types of resets and neither seem
To clear the warning. Any thoughts or ideas..? Some say it might be a low battery issue, but it doesn't seem to be having any low battery issues i.e. Dim lighting, long start
19-01-2016 04:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DVFlyer

RE: Transmission Fault

Probably time for a visit to the dealer.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
19-01-2016 03:05pm
wheels

Or why not buy an obd scanner, good to have under any curcumstances
19-01-2016 05:11pm
bee

(19-01-2016 05:11pm)wheels Wrote:  Or why not buy an obd scanner, good to have under any curcumstances

had same prob when I had a 2012 evo, a non franchised dealer did an obd check, said it was the battery,
no probs after new battery fitted. cost £170.00 ouch.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
19-01-2016 07:50pm
Steve D

We've come away for the week to Shropshire. After a 210 mile journey, I went to do a U turn at the cottage we are renting and when I put it in reverse, a transmission warning flashed up on the dash and the 'R' started flashing on the gear selector display. Despite being in R, the engine just revved as if it was in neutral. I just switched it off, restarted it and everything was OK. Hasn't done it since but just wondering if it's anything to worry about - apart from local journeys over the next 5 days, we still have to get home next Friday and I could do without a breakdown halfway up (or down?) the M1. Worth calling LRA out?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
26-03-2016 06:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Might be worth taking the car out for a run and trying to recreate the same conditions on return to the cottage to see if the same fault comes up. Trying to get LRA/AA out on Easter weekend................. Could be a long wait!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2016 09:42am
eastrnma

Has similar transmission faults. Wiring fault caused intermittent communications with Rear Differential Control Module, and eventual failure of the Rear Differential. Out of warranty... ouch. After much bumbling by the dealer technicians, an independent mechanic was able to successfully diagnose the problem.
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 01:15pm by eastrnma.)
27-03-2016 01:05pm
Steve D

(27-03-2016 09:42am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Might be worth taking the car out for a run and trying to recreate the same conditions on return to the cottage to see if the same fault comes up. Trying to get LRA/AA out on Easter weekend................. Could be a long wait!
Wife banned me from calling LRA out as last time they tried to fix an electrical problem they made it worse and it was away for 5 days. We've gotta get home in it next Friday. Been okay since so I'll let sleeping dogs lie and probably put it on my own scanner when I get home.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
27-03-2016 03:11pm