Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eD4 2WD low power injector research.
bell-auto-services

eD4 2WD low power injector research.

As many of you know im tying to determine which of the eD4 cars have the low power and high power injectors fitted in them, because I have found that some models do still have the Hi power injectors fitted which helps dramatically when it comes to tuning.

From the cars I have tested some of them have an injector code of 9687454480 (Hi power) which can be seen here in the link below as to fit the 110kw and 140kw engines.
http://www.rufre.com/DetalleArticulo.aspx/en/61837/ I have had a look at the mapping on these cars and can see that they do infact have the same 110kw/140kw injector which for me is good news Smile

here are a couple of pictures I have taken of the Hi power ones in both the Evoque and Freelander 2

[Image: normal_Evoque%20hi%20power%20injector.jpg]

[Image: normal_freelander%20hi%20power%20injector.jpg]

john from the forum has kindly sent me a picture of his injector with a code of 9678068280 (Possibile low power) which can be seen here, im not sure what its listed as because the site shows little info but it could mean they are infact the lower powered ones. This I can only confirm when i see the mapping from that partucular car http://www.rufre.com/DetalleArticulo.aspx/en/95922/

[Image: normal_ED4%20injector%20from%20SALVB2DC5...0power.JPG]

If anyone wishes to help me or has any interest in getting to understand the injector differences then id appreciate it. To see the injector you will need to remove the top engine plastic cover with two 8mm headed nuts. Once removed you can see a small peice of rubber sound padding over the injectors which just filts off.

Id be interested in ALL models as a collection of information, eD4, TD4 and SD4 are all welcome. if pictures could be added with the relevent info from the car it was taken from that would be fantastic.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 03:11pm by bell-auto-services.)
09-12-2012 02:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
keweller

RE: eD4 2WD low power injector research.

Hi Pete,

My Evoque ed4 which I picked up this Saturaday (late Feb 2013 build) has the same injector as in John's photo with the number 9678068280. Do you know if these are high or low power version yet? I would be willing to download the map for you if you want to lend me an interface, if that would be helpful for your research? I would pop in if it was not for you being a long long way for me to go.

Cheers

Keith
14-03-2013 04:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Hi Keith, ive not got to the bottom of the injectors yet and appreciate your offer of helping the investigation. once i get this dyno finished installed ill give you a shout if ok.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
15-03-2013 10:45am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
keweller

Yeah thats fine Pete just let me know.
15-03-2013 01:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply