Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dealers sticker
Ianpembs

dealers sticker

had the car a couple of weeks and loving it given it its first clean, the alloys soon get manky so searching for some type of sealer for them. My main query if anyone can help is how to remove the dealers sticker from the rear window and the tax disk holder from windscreen without leaving a gluey mess or bits of the sticker behind nothing against dealer just got my own disk holder and want full use of rear window, cheers in advance

OG Prestige SD4 style 4 alloys
23-08-2012 12:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: dealers sticker

To remove stickers from glass, Heat the area up with a hairdryer, i use the edge of a craft knife (Stanley) to lift the corner. It should now peel away. Any glue left behind can be removed with nail polish remover.

Watch you don't damage the heating element in the rear glass. Not sure if it's bonded in to glass like the front screen is.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 06:28am by doug.)
23-08-2012 06:27am
Kentboy

I would use methelated spirit to remove the sticky as its less harmful if it gets onto anything else.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
23-08-2012 07:46am
Barton Evoque

WD40 is also great for removing the sticky mess.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
23-08-2012 07:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Glass cleaner will remove the sticky goo too. Ian, when you heat the sticker you shouldn't need to use a knife, just use a finger nail to lift a corner and then continue heating the sticker as you gently peel it off the glass

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-08-2012 09:04am
PhilSkill

Yep Hair dryer works wonders!

Regarding wheels... Link: My Wheel sealing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 09:13am by PhilSkill.)
23-08-2012 09:11am
WB
WB

Phil's recommendation is the Rolls Royce of wheel sealants and will last months if not years. If you want an alternative the Planet Polish Wheel Seal is a very good product which will last 2-3 months.
23-08-2012 10:45am
Evo-king

Fortunately, they didn't put one in mine, only advertising was on tax disk holder, now an Evoque version and on the number plates.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-08-2012 10:47am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine came with a babyRR.com sticker on the rear screen, haven't yet been tempted to remove it! Tax disc holder that came with it had LPR contact details but more improtantly it had LRA's freephone number in bigger font!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-08-2012 10:55am
Ianpembs

Cheers Guys excellent feed back just need to buy a hairdryer
23-08-2012 09:01pm