Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dashboard instruments dimming on their own
tintin_57

RE: dashboard instruments dimming on their own

Update: Waited until pitch dark last night, went out, headlights on and did not get the pulsing of the dashboard lights. So I would concur that is down to it being around dusk the night before and the sensor not making its mind up. Also, the dimmer switch was also working as it should, dimming the instrument panel on request. So it seems the issues are sorted.

Thanks again for all the replies and time taken to respond. Very good forum
05-04-2012 03:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kenta

RE: Driver console dimming on it's own

(03-04-2012 08:38pm)Kofer Wrote:  Here is how to remove driver console

Hi Kofer,
Thanks for the tips on how to remove driver console. I tried it today and successfully remove and re-install it back, as i am thinking DIY myself. There is one little bit thing, i want to ask you, once you installed and try to start the car, did you encounter any issue like Parking Brake goes to Faulty mode? I got that warning message on the driver console screen.

Somehow i manage to fix it, i just manually pull the lever (parking brake button) and the faulty message was gone.
kent
07-04-2012 03:32am
mark_n

RE: dashboard instruments dimming on their own

A useful video because some have managed to damage their side rails and this shows it's easy to replace them yourself with incurring dealer labour costs in addition to the parts.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-04-2012 07:43am
Donny Dog

RE: Driver console dimming on it's own

(07-04-2012 03:32am)kenta Wrote:  did you encounter any issue like Parking Brake goes to Faulty mode? I got that warning message on the driver console screen.

Somehow i manage to fix it, i just manually pull the lever (parking brake button) and the faulty message was gone.
kent

That might be because the electronic 'switch' was in 'off' when reconnected while the actual brake was 'on'; by putting the brake on (again), you may thus have got them back in 'sync.'.
07-04-2012 09:20am