Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
climate indication
headturner

climate indication

hey guys

not sure if anyone has noticed this, but the other nite when i was on myw ay home pretty late, my dashw as showing temperature reading of 3 degrees and a snowflake symbol next to it, it was the first time i saw that but when the temp got to 5degrees it seemed ot disappear.

i wonder if its an indication that you need to change the drive to snow ?? not sure if yes then its a pretty smart feature.

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
26-06-2012 07:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

RE: climate indication

Ive been seeing the same figure over the last few mornings, very very cold

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
26-06-2012 08:16am
cjfp

No its not an indication to change anything, its just warning you that ice may be forming on the roads at these temps.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
26-06-2012 08:31am
Biker

My bike does the same thing at 2.5 degrees. It is because black ice is difficult to spot and may be present due to the temperature outside. Especially when water enters the equation.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
26-06-2012 12:11pm