Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
camera and screen and dealer excuses oh my!
The Valeter

RE: camera and screen and dealer excuses oh my!

My screen went dead once except for TV & DAB radio. It turned out to be a reboot of the Body Control Unit (BCU).

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-01-2013 10:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

camera and screen and dealer excuses oh my!

(17-01-2013 10:33pm)WB Wrote:  Do the guys with this camera problem have their build dates by any chance? I'm assuming this is a batch of bad cameras as many of us had cars a year old+ and not experienced this issue.

Myself and splash have already answered your question on topic.. lots of errors.

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 12:26am by cutter7.)
18-01-2013 12:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

WILDROVER who is this dealer and where in the USA (a large place) are you? Call LRNA and scream till their ears bleed. This is a new car. Right? If that "dealer" does not respond asap, next call is better business bureau. If you're in California you have a few more options. This is all so not your problem. This is their problem.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
26-01-2013 08:44pm
atberryhill

I have the same problem. Collected car at end of November. Dealer had vehicle back in but claimed there were no errors showing on the computer and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. However, still getting same problem. I will be returning it to the dealer again to try and resolve.

Did you get your problem sorted?

(17-01-2013 04:57pm)wildrover Wrote:  Just picked up my new 2013 Evoque 2 days ago. Its a 4 door (ok, 5 door) base model with the only option being the cold climate package (heated seats, windshield, etc.)

Immediately while dealer was demonstrating the car to me, an error came on screen and the backup camera stopped working. They took it into a service bay for 20 minutes or so. Came back and said all fixed, just need a "firmware update" and that it was a known issue. By the way, I have not left the lot yet.

Start driving home. Stop at a store for about 20 minutes or so. Come back out and start my new Evoque. Error. Backup camera not working. I call the dealer.

They tell me "oh yeah, if you leave the car off for 7 minutes and then start it, it will work, just has to clear the cache".

I'm thinking, this can't be right.

Sure enough, every time I get in this brand new car, well maybe 80% of the time, I get an immediate error and the backup camera does not operate. 20% of the time, this is not happening.

Next, while driving a few times already, the entire touchscreen went black and was inoperative. The radio was still playing but no way to get anything on screen. Turning the car off and then on again seemed to clear that temporarily.

I contacted the dealer again (they are not close to where I live). They say "Yes, sorry wish we could give you some better help but that's all we can say. There was an advisory about it. There is no fix."

Am I losing my mind? I like this car but is it just my own car that is defective or is this a problem where they should all be recalled?

The backup camera is crucial for a car with a limited rear view, plus the car is brand new. This seems pretty important.

And the entire computer screen going black/blank and being inoperative while driving is unnerving as well.

Anyone with the same issues on a 2013 Evoque? Please help. Do I get rid of my 2 day old car? Sue them? What to do?
05-02-2013 06:49pm
splash

My LR dealer changed my camera and the cables for 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any errors sense then so talk to your dealer and remind them that there is an bulletin in topix regarding this problem.
06-02-2013 10:33am