Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
australian number plate mod
Barneyridge

RE: australian number plate mod

No rivert removal for me either at the moment. I need to have the plates sit out a couple of mm to allow for the plate covers. Might have a look at the double sided tape options at bunning this weekend seeing the mountain biking trip will be off given the weather

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
10-02-2012 05:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Millotte

(10-02-2012 05:23am)Barneyridge Wrote:  No rivert removal for me either at the moment. I need to have the plates sit out a couple of mm to allow for the plate covers. Might have a look at the double sided tape options at bunning this weekend seeing the mountain biking trip will be off given the weather

Barneyridge,

Some plate covers come with little plastic packers/washers to pack it out enough so the covers can go on. I used them on my last car and the plate sat nice and flat.

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
10-02-2012 06:25am
Barneyridge

My plate cover have some small slides on each corner and need a few mm gap. I was thinking of getting a thicker double sided tape which would provide the gap required.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
10-02-2012 06:45am
Millotte

(10-02-2012 06:45am)Barneyridge Wrote:  My plate cover have some small slides on each corner and need a few mm gap. I was thinking of getting a thicker double sided tape which would provide the gap required.

Yep that's the same covers I had, they were just like washers but made of black plastic maybe 3mm thick.

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
10-02-2012 06:52am
Bruno787

any pictures of the holes after drilling the rivets?
21-05-2012 01:46pm