Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Secret Evoque Owner's afternoon out?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Secret Evoque Owner's afternoon out?

I've just been on a lovely drive to give my Defender a good long run (Stirling/Doune/ Callander/ Crianlarrich/ Tyndrum and back via the Trossachs along the A84/A85 for those that know the area) and as I came passed the Lake Hotel at Port of Menteith on my way home there were at least 6 Evoques parked in a line in the hotel car park. Secret LR management meeting perhaps?

If the weather tomorrow is the same as it was today (cloudless skies but cool and clear) it's well worth the drive as the scenary is stupendous.Not too many leaves have fallen, the leaf colours are amazing this year, the mountains are all turning brown as the bracken dies off for the winter and the various lochs were like mirrors reflecting the lovely blue sky.

High recommend the Real Food Cafe at Tyndrum and Mhor 84 Hotel/cafe at Balquiddher (was known as the Kings House Hotel until 4 months ago). Even getting stuck in a 2 mile long tailback behind a coach was not a hardship with the stunning scenary and a few others must have thought the same thing as nobody tried to overtake, not even motorcyclists for whom that road is a must drive trip for them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 05:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-10-2013 05:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply