Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You can put a bike rack on the back of an evoque after all.
ED209

Just been to hamsterly mountain biking, I wasnt in the evoque but noticed one in the car park that had a bike rack attached (i think it was a 5dr prestige) I went over to have a nose and had a brief chat with the female owner (called kaz i think from the reg plate lol).

The bike rack was a saris bones and appeared to fit really well over the spoiler and held the bikes a good distance from the car. I wont be buying one though myself as i have never been happy with the way they clip around car body work but they do look a decent option for carrying bikes on the evoque.

Saris are a well regarded brand and i a sure the clips wont damage paint work, its just the cautious part of me that wont be taking the risk. I had previously bought a saris rack for my scirocco and took it back because i had the same worry.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
15-04-2012 03:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: You can put a bike rack on the back of an evoque after all.

Did you take any pictures of Kaz's rack?

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
15-04-2012 03:44pm
ED209

(15-04-2012 03:44pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Did you take any pictures of Kaz's rack?

Bike rack or other rack>??

nah i think she thought i was some kind of stalker anyway, wandering over and asking for a look at her rack, in fact i dont think she believed i actually have a evoque.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
15-04-2012 03:48pm
Sarcastrix

Put it this way, I don't have a push bike LaughingLaughing

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
15-04-2012 03:52pm
WB
WB

I just picked up a saris bones - will take a pic when I get it on the car. I'll be doubling up the protective foam on the clips to ensure I don't get any marks from them. Same thing I did with the Thule rack I had on my BMW and it never left any marks
14-09-2012 08:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC Kaz is /was a member of the forum

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2012 12:21am
QueJumper

Hi. - I previously asked saris about the bones rack for the Evoque and they came back to say it wasn't approved for use, see below,,,so let us know how it goes.

Thank you for contacting Saris Cycling Group. I apologize for the delayed response. The Bones series of racks are unfortunately not approved fits for the Land Rover Evoque. The top straps put too much pressure on the spoiler and could cause damage. However, our Sentinel Rack for 2 or 3 bikes (http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehic...gory_id=7) is an approved fit because the angle of the straps is much higher, therefore it will not put downward pressure on the spoiler. There is requirement of our Hatch Hugger accessory (http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehic...ory_id=10) to replace the top and bottom straps because you cannot “clip” into the spoiler. Here is a picture of the rack on your vehicle:    

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 04:02pm by QueJumper.)
15-09-2012 04:01pm
Wagstafari

Hi Guys,

Thinking of getting the Saris Bones 2 carrier:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-rac...le-carrier

For the Evoque as heading over to the New Forest next weekend. I know there was some debate as to whether these were OK for our cars.

Any more updates at all?

Halfords also have this one:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-rac...le-carrier

Don't really want to spend a lot as i have a set of Rhino Racks from my old GTI in OZ in my shipping storage that I'm hoping to reuse on the Evo in time.

Cheers,

Wag

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
27-06-2016 11:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

(15-04-2012 03:52pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Put it this way, I don't have a push bike LaughingLaughing

Lol! LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
27-06-2016 10:10pm