Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A couple of questions for owners.
Evo-king

A couple of questions for owners.

As the title says.

Does the coupe have pillar less doors or are they framed?

On the nav does it give you live updates, on my car it will shows major traffic jams and offer a re-route?

How does Gracenote access database from the car? i.e I put a new CD in my car today, it accessed Gracenote and came up with all the CD info.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-12-2011 12:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bogstomper

RE: A couple of questions for owners.

Evo - my responses:

- Pillar less doors on coupe - no, the windows have a frame but it is styled to blend in with the surrounding seals - I'm guessing that's one of the reasons it feels quite quiet on the move
- Live updates - yes - I guess it uses TPC, but a number of times I've had a message saying something like "traffic conditions have changed" - you're then offered a view of the new route and whether you want to accept it or not
- Dunno - am guessing it's stored on the car's HDD (although then it wouldn't recognise newer CD titles without an update), so maybe it uses your phone's data connection? Either way it's pretty clever and it's handy to have CDs stored for when you fancy a change from the radio or have forgotten your ipod / USB etc...
10-12-2011 12:11pm
Evo-king

RE: A couple of questions for owners.

Thanks.

I'm glad it's not pillar less, because they are a pain when the car is frozen up.

Your other answers are as I suspected but could not be sure.Thumbs Up

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 12:16pm by Evo-king.)
10-12-2011 12:16pm