Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yet more rattles
Tony

Yet more rattles

Tracked an annoying and intermittent rattle to the rear hatch area, I think its coming from the panel on the inside of the hatch below the window. The panel is made from cheap plastic, it is either the panel which is vibrating or something touching it on the inside - does anyone know how to remove this panel without destroying the clips?

The rattles in this car are really pi55ing me off now but 4 months into ownership its to late to reject it, what really gets me is I traded in a 3 1/2 year old FL2 which was totally rattle free.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-05-2012 04:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Billionaireboysclub

RE: Yet more rattles

I have the same problem, I took it into RR, but they just put on plastic tape...so now I hear a muffled Rattle Sad

(01-05-2012 04:27pm)Tony Wrote:  Tracked an annoying and intermittent rattle to the rear hatch area, I think its coming from the panel on the inside of the hatch below the window. The panel is made from cheap plastic, it is either the panel which is vibrating or something touching it on the inside - does anyone know how to remove this panel without destroying the clips?

The rattles in this car are really pi55ing me off now but 4 months into ownership its to late to reject it, what really gets me is I traded in a 3 1/2 year old FL2 which was totally rattle free.

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
01-05-2012 04:56pm
hammie2k

Yeah I have a rattle coming from the tailgate area.. not had time to get it back in yet but it really is annoying unless you turn up the radio to drown it out.

5 Door SD4 Dynamic Santorini Black, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Style 6 Alloys
Collected: 15th March 2012 Very Happy
01-05-2012 05:03pm
maxw523

Do you guys think it could be related to the panoramic window curtain/mechanism?
That's what the mechanic addressed here in the US and it helped a great deal.
01-05-2012 07:30pm
Tony

(01-05-2012 07:30pm)maxw523 Wrote:  Do you guys think it could be related to the panoramic window curtain/mechanism?
That's what the mechanic addressed here in the US and it helped a great deal.

Hi Max. no not in this instance, sitting in the back and proding everything that could rattle I am 99.9% sure it is not the sunroof blind. The noise is further back and lower, fairly sure its in the tailgate, if I can get the offending piece of trim off I can tape up anything that looks or sounds loose. I specifically focused on the headlining initially as that had already been removed by the dealer to fix the passengers sunvisor rattle which manifested itself on the journey home on delivery day.

Before anyone says take it back, my nearest dealer is a 250 mile round trip, if they cannot find or fix the problem in a working day, it cost me a hotel bill or a return trip, so I am trying to identify the exact cause before I take it in.

In so many ways this car is fantastic but the cheap plastic materials, lack of development, poor build quality spoil it totally.

Unfortunatly I am begining to hate this car!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-05-2012 09:19pm
benzina

Tony, i also have a rattle, but mine is in the left rear panel area, around about where the seatbelt comes out.
I have directed my question to the rattle-man,who supposedly works for LD, and has information on some of the known rattle issues with this car.
He does'nt seem to have posted much, be i noticed he did check in a few days ago,so it's worth a try in this thread here..... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Stopping-...les?page=4
It would be more benificial if ^^^^this thread could be found in the general section rather then modifications.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 01:22am by benzina.)
02-05-2012 02:41am