Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yet More Delays
Kele00

RE: Yet More Delays

I called my dealer yesterday and a new reason came out. All cars with manual gearbox are delayed. They can't get them into the March production eventhough original schedule was January. During the February a lot of ED cars are produced. Even later ED orders than my SD4, early October 2011, are allocated to February. Most likely I will stay in the very famous pool. It looks to be a lottery to get your car done.

In Finland the car tax will change on the 1st of April. If the car is registred after that, it means more than 1k€
extra for my spec of a car. Early March production can save me from that, but more likely I will get the car somewhere late May (April production).

Driving - 5dr Pure SD4 Manual
Santorini black, Almond/espresso, Panoramic roof, 4 x packs, rails etc
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:18pm by Kele00.)
10-01-2012 08:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

That last post sounds ominous. I have a build/delivery date for a manual car after bloody ages waiting. If it gets delayed again i think my head will explode.
10-01-2012 08:54pm
robbo71

Certainly does sound ominous for me too. I have orderd Dynamic SD4 manual with pano roof.
Think a call to the dealer in the morning is on the cards to see what he says about delays
due to pano and manual gearbox. will post with there reply.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:27pm by robbo71.)
10-01-2012 09:26pm
THEMACS

I Hope someone is taking the P*$!Evil I Have a Manual car on order since late June 2011, dealer said last week all on course for 1 March delivery! I am SICK & TIRED of people who ordered WAY WAY Later coming along and saying they have their vehicle blah blah blah!!!! Its absolute B*%£@*Ks!!!!!!!!!!!Evil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
10-01-2012 09:37pm
Mike

Again, thanks for the replies, I currently have a Disco 3 but wanted to holiday in the new car! don't think I will contact Nick on the forum, emailed before with no reply.
All the talk about £150 from LR, as far as I am concerned this is an insult.(Sorry for the delay that will be £39,850 instead of £40,000 please:twistedSmile Landrover need to go way further than that.
Customer services did ring back late on, lots of apologies and hints of possible sweetners, but nothing definate.
All I want is my car.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
10-01-2012 09:45pm
xxxx5

Totally agree. I ordered my car March 2011, and it went into build today. It is a manual SD4. What has got me mad is the number of people who have come onto the forum ordering a car Aug/Sept taken delivery and now come up with some pathetic execuse for now selling them.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
10-01-2012 09:47pm
THEMACS

(10-01-2012 09:45pm)Mike Wrote:  Again, thanks for the replies, I currently have a Disco 3 but wanted to holiday in the new car! don't think I will contact Nick on the forum, emailed before with no reply.
All the talk about £150 from LR, as far as I am concerned this is an insult.(Sorry for the delay that will be £39,850 instead of £40,000 please:twistedSmile Landrover need to go way further than that.
Customer services did ring back late on, lots of apologies and hints of possible sweetners, but nothing definate.
All I want is my car.

Did they say anything about any issues with Roofs/Gearboxes or indicate there ARE Actual problems?? Or is it someone just talking Crap Again!!Evil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:48pm by THEMACS.)
10-01-2012 09:48pm
Mike

Just in case you are wondering I also placed my order in June
Sorry posts are catching me out, no mention of any specific problems, just build dates seem to be slipping back again.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:52pm by Mike.)
10-01-2012 09:49pm
ceebee

Yet More Delays

Although I completely agree with people's frustrations regarding delays with their orders, i think it is bit harsh calling people who were lucky enough to get theirs early.

As discussed during many posts on this forum, we have absolutely no control over when our cars are built so all issues with delays are down to LR not the buyers!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
10-01-2012 09:54pm
Billionaireboysclub

I went to the dealer and ordered my car last Friday, Its being built today, and Ill pick it up on Saturday.

Very Happy

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
10-01-2012 10:02pm