Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenons vibration
Bruno787

RE: Xenons vibration

my benz xenons vibrate, but my bmw xenons doesnt seem to. it might depend on who makes the headlamps

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
02-12-2012 01:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bowl

(10-10-2012 09:30pm)3V0QU3 Wrote:  Mine are not adaptive and also vibrate when going over bumps. If this is due to flimsy fittings it could be by design to reduce vibration of the bulb. Just a thought.

Non-adaptive xenons do have auto-leveling feature. What they lack from the adaptive ones are that they don't turn and they don't have cornering beams.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 01:59pm by Bowl.)
02-12-2012 01:58pm
Kentboy

My xeons also feel like they are in 'flimsy' mountings as they bounce over bumps. I also have. BMW which doesn't do the same.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
02-12-2012 09:26pm
J. Dub

Add me to the list of vibrating adaptive xenon lights. Drives me crazy

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
07-11-2016 08:19pm
Steve D

And mine. I keep thinking the bulb is about to blow!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-11-2016 11:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is a feature of Bi Xeons although my current generation RRS2 doesn't do it anywhere near as much as any of my previous RRS's, FFRR's and Evoques fitted with adaptive or ordinary BiXenons. I now have a set of after market LED headlights on my 20 year old Defender and they also vibrate a bit but I put that down to the Defender's suspension rather than any feature of the headlights which BTW are absolutely wonderful - sufficiently bright when on with dipped beam as DRL's in the daytime that I can see the light reflecting back from road signs from quite a distance back and sometimes get flashed by on coming drivers............. dazzling in the daylight? I've had them checked out and alignment is spot on so it must be their intensity. Transforms night time driving too and no more blown lamps!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-11-2016 09:24pm
J. Dub

So I noticed my headlight screws were loose. I tightened them up and the vibration is almost gone from the light.

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
14-11-2016 06:39pm