Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon's on a Pure
mark_n

RE: Xenon's on a Pure

Thank you for the pricing. Quattroman poo-pooed my comment that replacement Xenons cost the best part of £1000, but it's clear that even the standard headlights will be expensive to replace - the Pure option was about £700 IIRC so that even the basic headlights are costing several £hundreds each.

The halogen headlights have a levelling control inside the car down by your right knee which the Xenon cars do not; the killer will be if the wiring loom is different.

For cars with Xenons, there's a separate automatic levelling system which appears to sense the inclination of the car from the dampers with separate sensors for cars with and without adaptive damping. So, it's definitely not a case of simply swapping out the headlamp modules. Look at Part LR024218, for example in the Parts Catalogue.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 06:02pm by mark_n.)
14-11-2011 05:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

Damping, oops you are right, it slipped since there two additional sensors required for cars with AD at 33 quid each... Suppose that's to make the auto levelling not go haywire with the frequent adjustments in damping?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
14-11-2011 06:05pm
chiggy

I specced up a Pure in September and added the Xenon's etc. I wasn't told about any issues with having the Xenon's on a Pure.

I've already got an order signed and approved and currently in holding pool. Ordered my car first week October.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
15-11-2011 02:26am
mark_n

Berlin, where are you finding out these parts prices?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-11-2011 05:25am
Pedalpower

(15-11-2011 02:26am)chiggy Wrote:  I specced up a Pure in September and added the Xenon's etc. I wasn't told about any issues with having the Xenon's on a Pure.

I've already got an order signed and approved and currently in holding pool. Ordered my car first week October.

(15-11-2011 05:25am)mark_n Wrote:  Berlin, where are you finding out these parts prices?

Good luck with that mate, i was in the same position, until the order is actually accepted by the factory it is not confirmed etc, my dealer told me Xenon was ok, i pushed him to check, and the factory confirmed they could not be added. If you are in holding pool, waiting for the build slot to be available and the order placed on the factory, then the dealer wont have the option in their system to even add them to the car, regardless of what they think. Its a real shame Sad
15-11-2011 11:22am
fam1x

Thats Interesting Pedalpower, as I've spoke to the dealer and they have added Xenon's to my order. So how do you get confirmation from the factory? I asked for it in writing from the dealer and they emailed me a copy of the order Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-11-2011 12:16am
chiggy

well from what I understand my car is most likely to get a beginning Jan build date. I imagine the Xenon's might be possible then?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
16-11-2011 12:21am
3VOQU3

Does the Vista saying your vehicle has xenon's mean nothing then?
16-11-2011 04:34am
EVO PUNDITT

My dealer still does not know if mine has xenons or if they have been removed and I ordered back in April.
But my xenon has been confirmed by LR order call , so I will get my xenons on my pure which is due to go into build next week.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
16-11-2011 09:35am