Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenon light adjustment.
Stilolos

Xenon light adjustment.

So my car came with xenons as standard but ive always preferred the cool white look compared to the yellowish white that comes with ours. I purchased a cheap pair of Lunex 6000k d3s bulbs for £35 (yes I know cheap isn't good). They were a nice color and gave the car a much cleaner front at night and better matched the led fogs. Problem was, light output was pants! Was ok for dry conditions but extremely poor when wet. In the end, I couldn't take it any more and purchased the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited. What a difference. Light output is significantly improved but again, it still has a hint of yellow but I can live with that as I would like to see where I'm going!

However, after fitting the replacement bulbs, I cant help but notice my drivers side beam is slightly pointed lower. At a close distance theres not much in it but further away, it is quite noticeable. Ive tried moving the headlights slightly but no difference.

My concern is, do I lower the passenger side or up the driver side bulb? Also due to the headlight design, the beams are pretty close to each other, is this standard?

Having the cheap bulbs before, I never noticed this but these new bulbs are so bright and sometimes on inclines my passenger headlight goes pretty high as much as the pedestrians head for example.

Any input much appreciated. Thanks.

[Image: DSC_0919.jpg]
27-03-2017 12:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
efbiaye

RE: Xenon light adjustment.

Found this post on other forum, when I had the same problem. Hope this will help Smile
http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...#post13211
27-03-2017 01:51am
Steve D

First, check that the passenger bulb is fitted correctly - the pattern doesn't quite look right to me. Then, go to your local MOT testing station and ask them to check and set them up on their headlamp aligner (shouldn't cost more than a fiver or a tenner) but before you do that, set the internal height leveller to zero and fill the tank with fuel.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
27-03-2017 07:38am
Stilolos

Sorry I forgot I posted this thread. It's been getting lighter in the evenings so I don't get to see my headlights as much now but the other day I did some unlit motorway driving and I think the passenger side beam is adjusted ok actually. Possibly my drivers side is low as I didn't get as much light on that side. It kind of actually felt like they were both too low because the cut off beam is so visible in pitch black conditions. I was just wondering if anyone else could post a pic of their headlights against a wall just so I can compare them to mine. Thanks again.
08-04-2017 12:53am
Steve D

As I've already said above, there is only one correct way to ensure your lights are correctly aligned and it doesn't involve brick walls.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
08-04-2017 07:26am