Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
xxxx5

RE: Xenon delays

It looks like it is just new orders that will be effected by the change.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-09-2011 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Ive checked parts stock a couple of days ago and i could order 10 sets of zenons and 10 sets of adaptive zenons no problem from my LR parts.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
16-09-2011 07:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

The LR Website to build your Evoque, (Pure) is still listing Xenons @ £710.00 and Adaptive HID @ £1015.00 just checked 5 mns ago. Thumbs Up

16-09-2011 07:47pm
Wicksy

Strangely, my dealer has said that LR aren't yet in a position to tell anyone whether they will be safe from losing Xenons on the Pure - this is an e mail he received only yesterday from LR:

[b]The information we received yesterday reads -

"Please be aware that any existing PURE orders which include either option
may have the option removed. A further communication relating to existing
orders will be issued once the effect on the Range Rover order bank is
known."

Dealer commented: Basically, once Land Rover know which orders will be changed they will let
us know and I can then let you know.
[/b]

So I'm still non the wiser, my delivery date is also November 17.
16-09-2011 08:15pm
cutter7

(16-09-2011 08:15pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Strangely, my dealer has said that LR aren't yet in a position to tell anyone whether they will be safe from losing Xenons on the Pure - this is an e mail he received only yesterday from LR:

[b]The information we received yesterday reads -

"Please be aware that any existing PURE orders which include either option
may have the option removed. A further communication relating to existing
orders will be issued once the effect on the Range Rover order bank is
known."

Dealer commented: Basically, once Land Rover know which orders will be changed they will let
us know and I can then let you know.
[/b]

So I'm still non the wiser, my delivery date is also November 17.
Hi,
My gut feeling is that any 'Pure' ordered stating 'Xenons' and also 'Pure' orders, with the lowest profit build, (in £,value) will be picked on first. Crying I do hope not..Mad

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2011 09:54pm by cutter7.)
16-09-2011 08:25pm
Wicksy

I've already told my dealer that if Xenons have to to be taken off from a vehicle which was specced as long ago as March then he can cancel the order - someone in LR needs shooting with s***Twisted Evil
16-09-2011 09:07pm
xxxx5

(16-09-2011 09:07pm)Wicksy Wrote:  I've already told my dealer that if Xenons have to to be taken off from a vehicle which was specced as long ago as March then he can cancel the order - someone in LR needs shooting with s***Twisted Evil

I have also said the same.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-09-2011 11:09pm
WB
WB

(16-09-2011 07:21pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Ive checked parts stock a couple of days ago and i could order 10 sets of zenons and 10 sets of adaptive zenons no problem from my LR parts.

Pete

Hi Pete, out of interest how much are a pair of xenons? is it a complete unit or would any other items be required to do an "upgrade"?

Thanks!
17-09-2011 12:04am
richardk

(16-09-2011 11:09pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  
(16-09-2011 09:07pm)Wicksy Wrote:  I've already told my dealer that if Xenons have to to be taken off from a vehicle which was specced as long ago as March then he can cancel the order - someone in LR needs shooting with s***Twisted Evil

I spoke to my dealer yesterday. Vista (which displays all orders, build slots and delivery dates) is being updated this weekend to include amended orders and new build slots. I assume xenons on pures might be removed, although this will all be clear once vista has updated. All reassurances from dealers regarding orders being unchanged is BS; they won't know or be able confirm until vista has been updated(with or without xenons)
17-09-2011 07:52am
Wicksy

(17-09-2011 07:52am)richardk Wrote:  
(16-09-2011 11:09pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  

I spoke to my dealer yesterday. Vista (which displays all orders, build slots and delivery dates) is being updated this weekend to include amended orders and new build slots. I assume xenons on pures might be removed, although this will all be clear once vista has updated. All reassurances from dealers regarding orders being unchanged is BS; they won't know or be able confirm until vista has been updated(with or without xenons)
Maybe James from Lookers can update us over the weekend - surely cars which have been ordered more than 6 months ago should not be affected - if they are I'm definitely looking elswhere
17-09-2011 12:04pm