Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wraps
Nowaytk

Wraps

Just wondered, I have read that people have either had parts, sections or even their whole car wrapped, has anyone had a reason to take the wrap off ? Only reason I'm asking this is because I know someone who had their 3 series conv wrapped for a gumball type of event & on return took off the wrap only to find that where sections were cut/spliced together, the person who done it had used a blade to get "nice" joints ( apparently the sections of wrap aren't big enough to cover large areas ) and therefore left nice cut lines in the paint. I don't know if this is normal or just a case of shoddy workmanship ? If its normal practice, all those thinking, I'll get it wrapped in this colour & then change it back to its original colour might have a bigger job on their hands than expected.
Would be happy to know if there are people out there with no problems at all & my mates car was just done by a chancer.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
26-08-2012 09:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Wraps

I've read about that happening as well.

I was looking at a clear wrap some time back and one of the companies I researched detailed their process and pointed out they didn't use blades because of the potential damage.

I guess it's a case of doing your homework.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-08-2012 02:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply