Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Would you consider these glitches an issue?
PapaRod

Would you consider these glitches an issue?

Had My RRE for a month now. The ride is superb and I don't have any obvious complaints, but having read the forum I decided to have a look at the details..Thud...

Though I've had a number of new cars before, they have been company cars so I never cared for the detailsvthe way I do having bought this one. Hence I would appreciate the forums opinion whether I am overly sensitive wrt the glitches I think I've foundShocked

Firstly the bonnet/door on the drivers side. There is a mm or two differing - would you consider it mis-aligned?

[Image: 706548df.jpg]

Then I've got a gap between the rear passenger side door. Can be seen standing behind the car - anyone got similar gaps? Don't know how well it shows on the pic, but just under the doorhandler there's à 2mm gap, i.e. Looking back to front it doesn't line up. Compared to the let hand side (next pic) and there is no gap - just a well aligned car..

[Image: 9328f3fb.jpg]

[Image: 6ca897e5.jpg]

Lastly there's also a gap between the front passenger door and the wheel arch panel. The door panel is "wider" which means that looking along the side one doesn't see à smooth line, but rather springs here and there between the various panels...

[Image: 26c8eeb3.jpg]

Now do you think I am too picky, or would you go back to the dealer with these issues...?

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
30-07-2012 01:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inges

RE: Would you consider these glitches an issue?

I have the same problem on my driver side door, where my door is out of alignment and a few mm gap between the driver side door and the passenger door. I have raised a issue with this towards my dealer. My dealer want to change the entire door, but JLR dosen't seem interested to do that, but the dealer are still working on this issue and they have tried to realign the door, but no big difference there. So in the end I think that the door will be replaced.

We have spent a serious amount of money on this car, and you should expect too get a car that is flawless.

This is something they will for sure iron out on later builds, but even though we are early testers of the car we should get a proper car where everything is in alignment.

So if I were you I would have raised an issue regarding this.
Here is my thread regarding my issue.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pictures-...ut-of-sync

BTW: You know when your car was built ?

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 10:05pm by Inges.)
30-07-2012 09:51pm
WB
WB

They look out to me - worth taking in to your dealer to sort out. They shouldn't leave the factory like that or get through PDI in my opinion
30-07-2012 10:06pm
PAT

Your not being picky as all three should be looked at by the dealer.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
30-07-2012 10:19pm
PapaRod

Sent an e-mail to the dealer. Unfortunately I have an 800 km drive to the nearest point in Sweden. Got one closer, but that is a finnish dealer, so I'm trying to get my dealer to accept them to handle the corrections - let's see how it work out.

Inges - don't know build date for sure, but delivered early june I would assume late april/ early may.

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
30-07-2012 11:24pm
Inges

Ok.

You can check your VIN number / chassis number here:
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix...6.prs72904 (need to register.)

Here you will get the build date information, and all the accessories / parts on your car.

Okay, keep us up to date on the progress with your dealer about this issue, I'm still waitng for new information about the issue I have on my car with the door.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
31-07-2012 03:16am
mark_n

After visiting the factory, it's clear they don't measure every bodyshell produced but something like one in a hundred is put on a jig and minutely measured. What they're looking for of course are trends which indicate tooling and the jigs on which the bodyshells are produced are wearing and going out of alignment.

I worry that with the pressure to maintain production volumes, there's temptation to wave through what previously would have been stopped and reworked. Under the glare of fluorescent lights, you'd think misalignment such as this would jump out.

Looking at the pictures, I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Consistent panel gaps and proper closures are the hallmark of a high quality car and this is what LR aspires to build - they are certainly charging on that basis. Worth mentioning too that the side panel below the bonnet is plastic, not metal.

Pity you have such a long trip to the dealer - Sweden is a huge country - but good they seem to be supportive.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-07-2012 05:31am
WB
WB

(31-07-2012 05:31am)mark_n Wrote:  After visiting the factory, it's clear they don't measure every bodyshell produced but something like one in a hundred is put on a jig and minutely measured. What they're looking for of course are trends which indicate tooling and the jigs on which the bodyshells are produced are wearing and going out of alignment.

I worry that with the pressure to maintain production volumes, there's temptation to wave through what previously would have been stopped and reworked. Under the glare of fluorescent lights, you'd think misalignment such as this would jump out.

Looking at the pictures, I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Consistent panel gaps and proper closures are the hallmark of a high quality car and this is what LR aspires to build - they are certainly charging on that basis. Worth mentioning too that the side panel below the bonnet is plastic, not metal.

Pity you have such a long trip to the dealer - Sweden is a huge country - but good they seem to be supportive.

Mark, that's interesting on the factory visit. LPR who are sorting out the various warranty issues on my car suggested these should have been picked up by PDI which I was surprised at. I would have thought the factory would be quality controlling the product rather than the selling dealership.

Will be interesting to see if my second Evoque (should be built around Oct/Nov 12) will be better or worse than my current which was build Oct 11.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2012 12:06pm by WB.)
31-07-2012 12:06pm