Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you complain?
Daglass

Would you complain?

As I'm sure many are aware my dealer experience hasn't been great but the latest incident and the dealer reaction amd response to it has really angered me.
To cut a long story short as part of my cherished number transfer my plate had to go on to my wife's car (you can't do retention in NI and plate must be on a vehicle at all times).
My evoque arrived, cherished plate transferred and a new plate for my wife's car given and insurance changed as necessary.
4 weeks later our new tax discs arrive. Problem is the number plate for my wife's vehicle is not that given to me by the dealer 4 weeks prior meaning that car had not been insured for a month.
That's a full month of driving around without cover!
The salesmans response? I'll go make new plates, I'm heading on holidays in a few minutes.
The managers response to this?
Send me the bill from your insurance company and we will refund the cost of changing the policy-no apology for letting us drive unconverted for a month.

I'm pretty angry about it all and while I'm aware these things can happen the blasé response of the dealership has pi55ed me off incredible.
Would you complain to LR?

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
09-06-2012 11:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

Would you complain?

Better than nothing! Most people only get a verbal sorry and no remuneration for their troubles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
09-06-2012 12:34pm
SINGHY

RE: Would you complain?

Complain to the dealer principal and copy the letter in to LR customer services, their incompetence meant that unwittingly you committed an offence.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
09-06-2012 01:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It isn't anything to do with Land Rover though, it is poor/shoddy service by the dealer.
LR customer services will only tell you to take it up directly with the dealership as transferring number plates is a dealer supplied item/service not an LR item.
TBH the best line would be to write a sternly worded letter to the MD of the parent company that owns the dealership and copy it to the DP at the outlet.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-06-2012 01:49pm
mark_n

This has nothing to do with LR, so leave them out if it. As for the dealer, they made a mistake and have offered to cover your costs. It's not clear to me that you were, actually, uninsured.

If you had needed to make a claim, or had been prosecuted for being uninsured, you would be justified in complaining. As it is, the dealer has made good and that should be the end of it. Any strongly worded letters will end up where they belong - in the bin.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 05:38am by mark_n.)
10-06-2012 05:38am
Daglass

I've thought about it and im just putting it down as yet another reason not to return my business to that specific dealer.
Too many mistakes and frustrations throughout the experience with them.
They made one sale from me, that will be it.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
10-06-2012 11:45am
ceebee

Daglass,
I understand your frustrations, but agree with other members in that you would probably be wasting your time complaining to LR as it is a dealer issue.

However, I would do exactly as you mention above and vote with my wallet by taking future business elsewhere.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
10-06-2012 01:29pm
ytshome

Make sure you avoid them for servicing / warranty work too.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-06-2012 11:29pm
mark_n

I do think this is much ado about nothing. To those harrumphing from the sidelines, tell me, you never ever make any mistakes in your own working lives and you never ever "forget" to include those payments you received in cash on your income tax return, right?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-06-2012 06:46am
ceebee

Would you complain?

Of course we all make mistakes Mark, but I think that that Daglass is merely stating that this is the last straw from him regarding his dealer and that he is choosing to take his business elsewhere.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
11-06-2012 11:12pm