Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you buy another?
Mag1c_dragon

Would you buy another?

To those of you that have your cars already, would you buy another one?

We are considering putting another order in now and changing after a year, and hopefully taking advantage of high residuals this year. Should also mean we get a new MY2013 car which should have some of the niggles from the launch model ironed out.

I am hoping the the MY2013 models has an option for a more powerful engine or a better auto gearbox, but I am not holding out much hope on that one. Hopefully they will take on board some of the feedback for more cosmetic changes though (like more cubby holes). I think I would add the Lux pack next time plus heated steering wheel and spare wheel. Probably would go for another Dynamic but in OG or Havana.

Is anyone lease considering doing the same? What would you change on for current spec if you did? Be interested to hear what sort of PX values LR offer for this years cars . . .

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
03-03-2012 08:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

RE: Would you buy another?

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the one I have and been so disappointed by early build quality issues. I think it will be a much better car after the next or even next again refresh. I know the key is to
meet emission targets but they need a better gearbox and true RR fans will want a bigger engine.

Im pretty sure they will learn from their mistakes, after all they did with the Disco as it is now a pretty good effort, but they have gone too much for style over substance in the current model.

Sure it is a nicer car than say a Q5 or X3 but the build quality is not as good as my workhorse Honda CRv and for the price , they have to get that sorted.

I've got mine back now after the dealer has had it for a total of 14 days and they have added over 580 miles somehow and for a £44k car that's not acceptable.

I wouldn't buy another LR product at all based on this experience.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
03-03-2012 09:14am
chiggy

Would you buy another?

Tetstb, I know what you mean.

I have quite a few issues going on at the moment with my car as well and nothing has been fixed after being at the dealers. It's shocking.

I do think that every first model will have issues I just hope they ca sort our cars out though. I definitely agree that a bigger engine is required but I still wouldn't change my evoque for any other car.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
03-03-2012 10:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I certainly wouldn't chop it in for an X3, Q5, CRV or an M Class.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-03-2012 10:18am
Cedric

(03-03-2012 09:14am)tetstb Wrote:  I know the key is to
meet emission targets but they need a better gearbox and true RR fans will want a bigger engine.

It has already been said that there is no space for a bigger engine. Having said that, I am a bit worried concerning the quality of the automatic gearbox after reading some stories here, although I absolute loved the one in the car I tested. I just hope it doesn't let me down in rush hour Smile
03-03-2012 10:34am
HeyBert

Would you buy another?

(03-03-2012 09:14am)tetstb Wrote:  Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the one I have and been so disappointed by early build quality issues. I think it will be a much better car after the next or even next again refresh. I know the key is to

Im pretty sure they will learn from their mistakes, after all they did with the Disco as it is now a pretty good effort, but they have gone too much for style over substance in the current model.

Sure it is a nicer car than say a Q5 or X3 but the build quality is not as good as my workhorse Honda CRv and for the price , they have to get that sorted.

I've got mine back now after the dealer has had it for a total of 14 days and they have added over 580 miles somehow and for a £44k car that's not acceptable.

I wouldn't buy another LR product at all based on this experience.

580 miles added whilst with the dealer......that's one hell of a road test they've taken it on there!

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
03-03-2012 10:58am
Mag1c_dragon

I haven't had any of the issues some of you describe thankfully. A few little niggles but nothing major.

We need to decide if we should change now or hang on for the competitors to catch up! I was always going to change after 2 year anyway.

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
03-03-2012 11:15am
IKM

FFRR or RRS next time. I'll wait and see if MPG and auto box improves. Not yet convinced.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
03-03-2012 10:56pm
PhilSkill

(03-03-2012 08:59am)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  To those of you that have your cars already, would you buy another one?

We are considering putting another order in now and changing after a year, and hopefully taking advantage of high residuals this year. Should also mean we get a new MY2013 car which should have some of the niggles from the launch model ironed out.

I am hoping the the MY2013 models has an option for a more powerful engine or a better auto gearbox, but I am not holding out much hope on that one. Hopefully they will take on board some of the feedback for more cosmetic changes though (like more cubby holes). I think I would add the Lux pack next time plus heated steering wheel and spare wheel. Probably would go for another Dynamic but in OG or Havana.

Is anyone lease considering doing the same? What would you change on for current spec if you did? Be interested to hear what sort of PX values LR offer for this years cars . . .

Hi Mag1c_dragon

I've considered the same, love my Evoque and it's exactly what I expected and suits what I wanted it for. My dealer also suggested to take advantage of high residuals and get a later build maybe with some niggles sorted, I've been considering it too, but having only put 3000miles on and had the few niggles I've had sorted satisfactorily, not sure throwing a few £1000 at a trade in and replacement one would really gain me much (other then restarting the warranty) given I intend to keep it a very long time.

If I were to change I'd consider Firenze red or Mauritus blue, adaptive with auto dipping headlights. but that's about it. Maybe spare wheel, but I love that storage...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-03-2012 11:11pm
Merf

I'd buy another like a shot and wouldnt hesitate to recommend. I have no niggles with mine and spend an hour plus a day in it.

Couldnt be happier, i was really worried about letting my previous 645 BMW go but dont miss it a bit, love my evoque.
03-03-2012 11:16pm