Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World Cup
Barneyridge

RE: World Cup

England are just taking field goals, run it boys. The Scots have some good counter.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-10-2011 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

I love my rugby, but watching Northerm Hemisphere teams does nothing but piss me off.. all they do is kick.. Penalty goals, drop goals, aerial ping pong.. Its like soccer with a few tackles thrown in

there is a reason the three top ranked teams all come from the Southern Hemisphere..

we actually play rugby.. running, exciting, want to watch the game rugby.. The only reason there will be a Northern team in the final is because the southern teams all meet beforehand..
03-10-2011 12:51am
Barneyridge

3voqu3 that is throwing petrol onto a fire isn't it Smile I have to agree with you. If us southerns had a decent vote on the irc board the game would be different. More point for try's and less for kicking

03-10-2011 08:34am
Daigriff

Hmmm I reckon Wales try to play the more expansive game whenever they can... And they have for as long as I can remember.

Each team plays to their strengths based on the laws of the game. Italy are hardly going to throw the ball around when their strength is in the pack. Likewise from what I have seen both Australia and NZ strength is with ball in hand and obviously the NH teams will target the scrum as an area they can get an upper hand, especially in the front 5. South Africa are quite partial to sticking the ball up the jumper and they are the team to beat IMHO as they also have strength in the three quaters.

I'd reduce both penalties and drops to two points fwiw.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-10-2011 09:16am
3VOQU3

Daigriff, I will give you that, Wales are less of an aerial ping pong team than the others.. Smile

Sorry its just nothing is more boring than watching 75 minutes of scrums re-packed and a few penalty kicks.. I'll all with you for reducing the penalties and drops to 2, there needs to be that motivation to go for tries..

You clearly haven't watched both the Kiwi's and the Aussies demloish SA over the past few years..

I'd love the aussies to win, but to be honest they are consistent enough. So i'd love to see my anzac brothers accross the ditch win it.. If anyone deserves it, its the kiwis, Always the best team in world rugby, just have a habit of choking at crucial times.. lol
04-10-2011 12:46am
Big G

(03-10-2011 12:51am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  I love my rugby, but watching Northerm Hemisphere teams does nothing but piss me off.. all they do is kick.. Penalty goals, drop goals, aerial ping pong.. Its like soccer with a few tackles thrown in

there is a reason the three top ranked teams all come from the Southern Hemisphere..

we actually play rugby.. running, exciting, want to watch the game rugby.. The only reason there will be a Northern team in the final is because the southern teams all meet beforehand..

It's amazing how the Aussies are so arrogant. You need to get your facts right. The draw was made fairly - the reason there will be a northern hemisphere team in the final is because Australia LOST to Ireland fair and square, and thats ruined the plan for the Southern Hemisphere - you thought you had the game won before you got there and you lost - hence now in the other half of the draw. If I remember Wales should have beaten SA too, and narrowky lost, so the supposed gap between NH/SH is getting smaller. Part of any sport is the ability to accept defeat gracefully, something many of your countryman are criticised for here and in the UK (look at the Ashes and when England beat you recently and in that great World Cup final game in 2003). Every team plays to its strengths and if Australia had a decent front 5 you'd scrum and maul - its part of the rules of the game. Don't forget the bonus point system was introduced to reward try scoring and a penalty/conversion/drop-goal is all part of the game and a skill in its own right and should be rewarded as it is now. Used to be whingeing pomms - now its whingeing Aussies!!

This was light- hearted thread - now its not. Mods - Lets take it down.

Hopefully the Evoque won't let you down beacuse its made in the Northern Hempisphere, and if you do hear a whine from the Evoque its probably your mates in the back seat !
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 08:26am by Big G.)
04-10-2011 07:14am
3VOQU3

lol, wow it didn't take long to get a bite..

mate if you cant take a little piss take then maybe you shouldn't comment..

This thread is in the aus and nz section, and strangely enough the aussies and kiwi's are known for taking the piss out of eachother.. its what we do.. we dont take everything seriously.. So if you want to come in this section maybe you should get a sense of humour Wink

Anyway back to the rugby, anyone up to name the top 3 ranked teams in the world?

Go The Wallabies, the Kiwi's and never thought i'd say it... even Saffa's Wink Smile
05-10-2011 12:27am
Big G

(05-10-2011 12:27am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  lol, wow it didn't take long to get a bite..

This thread is in the aus and nz section, and strangely enough the aussies and kiwi's are known for taking the piss out of eachother.. its what we do.. we dont take everything seriously.. So if you want to come in this section maybe you should get a sense of humour Wink

Anyway back to the rugby, anyone up to name the top 3 ranked teams in the world?

Go The Wallabies, the Kiwi's and never thought i'd say it... even Saffa's Wink Smile

Actually I'm not your mate and I'm all up for a good piss take when...and if its humerous and funny. Funny we heard reports
of Oz fans being spat at by Kiwis - so much so that it made the papers - still if thats the way you guys react to eachother - made me laugh - now thats taking the piss or spit as you wish !!

Here's some other humour you may like...

Enjoy your Evoque though if its not delayed !!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 07:23pm by Big G.)
05-10-2011 07:22pm
Barneyridge

(05-10-2011 07:22pm)Big G Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 12:27am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  lol, wow it didn't take long to get a bite..

Actually I'm not your mate and I'm all up for a good piss take when...and if its humerous and funny. Funny we heard reports
of Oz fans being spat at by Kiwis - so much so that it made the papers - still if thats the way you guys react to eachother - made me laugh - now thats taking the piss or spit as you wish !!

Here's some other humour you may like...

Enjoy your Evoque though if its not delayed !!

MMMMM............ Nice One Shocked

Anyway 3VOQU3.. you watching the Bathurst race. Got the TV on watching the coverage now. Lets not start a Holden vs Ford battle, we will get shot done from the all quarters Laughing

07-10-2011 03:40am
3VOQU3

Barney,

Holden vs ford v range rover? Smile lol..

It'll be like letting the GTR's back in it.. oops did i say that out loud..

Think i'll have to go rugby with Bathurst in between and during the half time breaks..

Shame to spend the weekend inside with the weather we've got
07-10-2011 04:40am