Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World Cup
Big G

RE: World Cup

Well technically according to the rule book it could be called as sending off. But he didn't smash him to the ground like NZ's
spear tackle on The Lions captain O'Driscoll - and no sending off.

Roland was too quick - should have stepped back - spoke to his touch judges and counted to 10. Unfortunately this is what he will be remembered for, for ever.

If I was Welsh I'd be gutted too, they were the better side and Oh those missed kicks, and losing Jones , and still looking like the only side who wanted it.

Well based on that I'd make them favourites for the 6 nations - good young team, with some old heads. Ireland have peaked - this was their chance, O'Connell, O'Gara, O'Driscoll, Best, Darcy, will all now leave, a few good young guns and in O'Brien , Heaslip and Ferris, world class back row. England - boring , going backwards and the English RFU about to implode, players a disgrace (like England soccer fans) and no one likes Johnson. Scotland well are limited and maybe Italy can push on. Hope the Kiwis stuff the Frogs on Sunday and bring it home - they looked great against Oz and McCaw - just class.

Well - where's my Evoque? - ah yes - still being 'ordered' I believe - with my €5k deposit banked for some months - thanks LR for the wonderful communication to date. Was thinking of moving to Outer Mongolia from Dublin - must be easier to contact me there - obviously !!
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 12:00pm by Big G.)
17-10-2011 11:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Well done NZ, thought they were going to chock again half way through the final.

Anyway boys and girls, see you all again in 4 years. Maybe we can go better and get into the final.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
24-10-2011 10:52am
JiiPee

I have to give to France though for making it a tight final! NZ was looking shaky in the second half, almost!

...and this is from a long time England supporter (living in France)

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
24-10-2011 11:19am
Daigriff

Was an absorbing final but not particularly exciting. France could have won it and yet again the occasion got to the all Blacks. Some marginal decisions went their way as well as missed high tackles.

But overall the correct winners and congratulations, but I still feel we've missed our best ever opportunity.

See you all in 4 years.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
24-10-2011 11:59am