Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World Cup
Big G

World Cup

Love the new Evoque - even better winning the rugby on Sat - come on Ireland - how the mighty fall/Very Happy
20-09-2011 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: World Cup

(20-09-2011 01:37pm)Big G Wrote:  Love the new Evoque - even better winning the rugby on Sat - come on Ireland - how the mighty fall/Very Happy

See you in the quarter finals....hopefullyWink

Now watch us lose to Namibia!!!!!

yes the evoque is superb (staying on topic) and am looking forward to getting mine in 6 weeks time...subject to xenon issue being sorted!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-09-2011 01:52pm
Barneyridge

There is always one Smile if you have watched the form of Australia over the last 12 months it was not a surprise. Without a couple of key players we are very one dimensional. The recent tri nations win was a surprise, but then again south Africa played an under strength side. It is likely that we play NZ in the semi, and I think that winner will be odds on to win the cup. The problem is that we rev up for a game against NZ (it is tribal) but drop our intensity against other teams. Some of the best rugby, which excludes field goals and other negative play, is NZ v Aust. From a southern hemisphere view the scrums should be reduced to increase the pace and field goals reduce to 1 point. Who wants to watch a game decided on a field goal. It is like watching a scoccer ( football game decided on penalty goals) We want running rugby.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-09-2011 02:06pm
Big G

(20-09-2011 02:06pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  There is always one Smile if you have watched the form of Australia over the last 12 months it was not a surprise. Without a couple of key players we are very one dimensional. The recent tri nations win was a surprise, but then again south Africa played an under strength side. It is likely that we play NZ in the semi, and I think that winner will be odds on to win the cup. The problem is that we rev up for a game against NZ (it is tribal) but drop our intensity against other teams. Some of the best rugby, which excludes field goals and other negative play, is NZ v Aust. From a southern hemisphere view the scrums should be reduced to increase the pace and field goals reduce to 1 point. Who wants to watch a game decided on a field goal. It is like watching a scoccer ( football game decided on penalty goals) We want running rugby.

Well its not :Dstrange that teams like Aus don't like the scrums when they get mashed as they did by the Nth Hemisphere remember Eng at Twickenham.Its a valid technique to restart the game and instead of trying to change the rules ye should just accept it.

Anyway waitng on a Prestige Coupe - Black, Privacy, AD plus the Spirit interior and other extras. Looks like Jan thogh.
20-09-2011 11:35pm
Barneyridge

The scrum thing...in Australia, Rugby has to compete against 3 other football codes and TV rights. Unless you have been played rugby as a kid and love the game, it can not gain any real traction with other supporters. In the pub on the opeing night of the world cup, there was not one TV with rugby on it ! The other football codes are just so much quicker, less technical, and hence there is more support, better TV rights and therefore more money for the other codes. Australia is a little different to other markets because of the small population and the number and variety of professional football codes. I like a good scrum (but will agree we are shit at them !) but for pure selfish reasons, I would like to see the game quicken up, which would mean a bit more competition and instead of being the 3rd or 4th most popular football code it could come up a bit.

20-09-2011 11:57pm
gead

barney's right...how can rugby compete against this Tongue Out

[Image: nic_nat_177fkge-177fkgi.jpg]

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
21-09-2011 03:13am
Big G

(20-09-2011 11:57pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  The scrum thing...in Australia, Rugby has to compete against 3 other football codes and TV rights. Unless you have been played rugby as a kid and love the game, it can not gain any real traction with other supporters. In the pub on the opeing night of the world cup, there was not one TV with rugby on it ! The other football codes are just so much quicker, less technical, and hence there is more support, better TV rights and therefore more money for the other codes. Australia is a little different to other markets because of the small population and the number and variety of professional football codes. I like a good scrum (but will agree we are shit at them !) but for pure selfish reasons, I would like to see the game quicken up, which would mean a bit more competition and instead of being the 3rd or 4th most popular football code it could come up a bit.

Good point - maybe we can restart the game by bringing the ball on in a new Sporty Evoque - that would get the viewers back !!

Be unthinkable here not to have the rugby on in a pub in Dublin even though the games are starting 7am the pubs full - Irish breakfast and a pint of guiness !! Fantastic. Good luck !!
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 08:40pm by Big G.)
21-09-2011 08:40pm
Barneyridge

(21-09-2011 08:40pm)Big G Wrote:  
(20-09-2011 11:57pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  The scrum thing...in Australia, Rugby has to compete against 3 other football codes and TV rights. Unless you have been played rugby as a kid and love the game, it can not gain any real traction with other supporters. In the pub on the opeing night of the world cup, there was not one TV with rugby on it ! The other football codes are just so much quicker, less technical, and hence there is more support, better TV rights and therefore more money for the other codes. Australia is a little different to other markets because of the small population and the number and variety of professional football codes. I like a good scrum (but will agree we are shit at them !) but for pure selfish reasons, I would like to see the game quicken up, which would mean a bit more competition and instead of being the 3rd or 4th most popular football code it could come up a bit.

Good point - maybe we can restart the game by bringing the ball on in a new Sporty Evoque - that would get the viewers back !!

Be unthinkable here not to have the rugby on in a pub in Dublin even though the games are starting 7am the pubs full - Irish breakfast and a pint of guiness !! Fantastic. Good luck !!

I need a plane ticket fast...get me over there. Cool

21-09-2011 11:36pm
Barneyridge

England v Scotland on at the moment. Northern hemisphere will be loving the scums and field goals Smile sorry but going for Scotland

01-10-2011 09:38am
tom

Nothing to be sorry about come on Scotland
01-10-2011 09:44am