Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wireless headphones stolen
Rxa

Wireless headphones stolen

The wireless headphones which come with the Meridian system were stolen from my Evoque last night. It seems that the car didn't lock when I parked on our street, someone must have noticed that the doors were unlocked and rummaged through the car. I got in the car this morning to find that the glove box was open along with the centre arm rest. Papers strewn across the seats and the iPhone charging cables lying on the floor.

The only reason I can think of for the car not locking is that the bonnet was not shut properly after I refilled the screen washer fluid last night. Does anyone know whether the doors lock if the bonnet is not shut completely?

I am really annoyed as its quite scary to know that someone has been inside my car and that the headphones are gone. Good thing I didn't have any other valuables inside.

Does anyone know the part number for the headphones so that I can order a replacement?

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
24-06-2013 10:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaserTam

RE: Wireless headphones stolen

Thats bad news. I have had the same done to my current car (Evoque arriving this week) and we think because we have left the car unlocked. Just a chancer I assume, lifting door handles and seeing what they can find.
This has prompted me to invest in a CCTV system, mainly as a deterent rather than anything else, in readiness for my new arrival.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
24-06-2013 11:20am
griff

normally you get a different chirp from the locking system when something is amiss such as keys inside or something like the bonnet not down properly.

I mistook it for the actual locking confirmation the first time it happened to me.
Really sorry about your theft - never a pleasant feeling.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-06-2013 05:14pm
Kojak

(24-06-2013 05:14pm)griff Wrote:  normally you get a different chirp from the locking system when something is amiss such as keys inside or something like the bonnet not down properly.

Agree with that ..... It's described as mislocking in the manual I think.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
24-06-2013 05:29pm
The Valeter

I have twice in the past come out to find the car unlocked. Not sure if it's a case of pressing the wrong fob button to lock it or touching the unlock button when in the shop or house!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 11:13pm by The Valeter.)
24-06-2013 11:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to hear about the theft, one thing though if the thief thinks they are bluetooth headphones they will be sorely disappointed that they only work in another Evoque....... no use with bluetooth devices!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-06-2013 03:22am
Davevx

They are quite cheap on eBay if you need a replacement
25-06-2013 11:50am
Rxa

Thanks for all the messages guys, I think i'll order a replacement from eBay.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
25-06-2013 11:54am
PhilSkill

Probably end up with your origional set back... Wink

Sorry to hear of your loss, never a nice feeling.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-06-2013 01:08pm
jewel-r

[qI had uote='Rxa' pid='88177' dateline='1372066073']
The wireless headphones which come with the Meridian system were stolen from my Evoque last night. It seems that the car didn't lock when I parked on our street, someone must have noticed that the doors were unlocked and rummaged through the car. I got in the car this morning to find that the glove box was open along with the centre arm rest. Papers strewn across the seats and the iPhone charging cables lying on the floor.

The only reason I can think of for the car not locking is that the bonnet was not shut properly after I refilled the screen washer fluid last night. Does anyone know whether the doors lock if the bonnet is not shut completely?

I am really annoyed as its quite scary to know that someone has been inside my car and that the headphones are gone. Good thing I didn't have any other valuables inside.

Does anyone know the part number for the headphones so that I can order a replacement?
[/quote]

The same thing happened to me 3months ago, I didnt realise anything was missing till I asked the wife to get the tomtom out of glove box 2 miles down the road. Of course it wasnt there, looked in my armrest to realise my ipod was also missing.

I thought these cars automatically lock themselves if you forget to lock it.

The same thing happened to me 3months ago, I didnt realise anything was missing till I asked the wife to get the tomtom out of glove box 2 miles down the road. Of course it wasnt there, looked in my armrest to realise my ipod was also missing.

I thought these cars automatically lock themselves if you forget to lock it.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 01:19pm by jewel-r.)
25-06-2013 01:17pm