Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Reliability Issues?
Phil.

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues?

OK guys - not really interested in LR history or predictions but facts about Evoque ownership. So please tell us if you witness an Evoque at the side of the road in trouble or if you have any problems with yours. Hopefully with the lack of problems reported, this thread will sink to the bottom of the pile but two reported sightings of problems in 2 days with so few cars on the road I suspect there is more to tell??

Cheers Smile
17-09-2011 08:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

It's the electrics that have always plagued range rovers, so if anything it will be the electrics that will cause the most headaches.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-09-2011 09:04pm
Ezandania

If for the Evoque, JLR has boasted the millions (or gazillion miles) they had tested in all sorts of conditions, in all sorts of places...one would think the reliability issues would be minimised. Did they test the FFRR or the FLs as rigorous as they did with the babyRR? If something in their testing philosophies changed, maybe that should be good news to us owners, no?
J77 - Electrics and electronics are always the hardest to troubleshoot!! Sigh. I always cringe if any of them warning sensors come on...esp when u can't seem to find a fault...

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 04:30am by Ezandania.)
18-09-2011 04:29am
Jonathon555

(18-09-2011 04:29am)Ezandania Wrote:  If for the Evoque, JLR has boasted the millions (or gazillion miles) they had tested in all sorts of conditions, in all sorts of places...one would think the reliability issues would be minimised. Did they test the FFRR or the FLs as rigorous as they did with the babyRR? If something in their testing philosophies changed, maybe that should be good news to us owners, no?
J77 - Electrics and electronics are always the hardest to troubleshoot!! Sigh. I always cringe if any of them warning sensors come on...esp when u can't seem to find a fault...

Unfortunately for me , every time I take delivery of a new car I can find faults within weeks.

I always wonder how they never find the faults I do during testing.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
18-09-2011 07:32am
griff

Coming from a German car (BMW) I was lucky that I had no faults at delivery and the only warrenty claim was when the DVD drive for the Sat Nav packed up. replaced under warrenty in a day. Brill

I hope and expect the service and reliability of the New Evoque to be as good.
Fingers crossed Smile

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 11:04am by griff.)
18-09-2011 10:07am
Phil.

For the record:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Getting-r...-by-the-AA
03-10-2011 10:25pm
Grah

Of course, the fact that we're discussing "history and predictions" could mean no actual problems known!
04-10-2011 10:21am