Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Wing mirror 1, pigeon 0
doug

Wing mirror 1, pigeon 0

Whilst driving along a B road the other day, up a head I spotted three large looking pigeons. As I rule wild life do like to play chicken (no pun intended) & leave it to the very last second before moving away. But as allways I did slow down. Two of them spotted straight way that I was driving a RRE & flew off, but the third (must have been a teenager) left it a little too late & flew straight up on to my near side wing mirror. This than caused the mirror body to fold in. Must have been some force to cause this action against the mirror motors. With nowwhere to pull over & check my mirror (the bird wouldn't have survived that impact) I tried the electric folding mirror switch.
Folding in the drivers mirror (shows that i was driving under 70mph) than unfolding them & to my surprise both mirrors returned to there normal position.

Now the point to this tale is the fact that being a LR it can withstand the impact of wildlife & knows to resett it's self when one mirror is folded in & you tell it to "fold in". I say this as other vehicles I have owned won't & you have to force the mirror open manually.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 01:52pm by doug.)
30-09-2013 01:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Wing mirror 1, pigeon 0

I guess the unlucky teenage pidgeon was on it's Mobile phone Rolling Eyes

I've had one mirror not open on a frosty morning, but after warming the cabin a bit I retracted and extend the mirrors and they both came open as normal, neat feature.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-09-2013 02:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply