Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wing Mirrors
jos

RE: Wing Mirrors

perhaps in 2012 are some aftermarket/tuning mirrors available ?
tip ?
for the tuners ?
because more forummembers are complaining at those huge mirrors

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
04-12-2011 11:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc

(04-12-2011 10:51am)Evo-king Wrote:  Another thought, we did mention the mirror fold option, on a few of my cars there is a button by the wing mirror control that fold the mirrors in, maybe at junctions, you could use that, it is a long time since I drove the Evoque, Sept, so don't know where it is.

Can any lucky owners comment.
Not yet an owner, but I believe the mirror-fold is activated by pressing both L & R mirror buttons at the same time.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
04-12-2011 02:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gw76

That is correct, both buttons at once, havent tried it when moving however
04-12-2011 03:05pm
toothfairy

Thanks guys, folding the mirrors could be the answer for the tricky turns. I've got a LR Experience Day booked for early January and might ask if I can spend a few moments pressing a few buttons.

Have to say this has got to be the most prepared I've ever been before getting a new car, most of which is down to all the information on this forum. Reckon most buyers are going in to the Dealers knowing more about the car than the Sales Team do.

At the moment still at the 'eeny meeny miney mo' stage trying to decide which Dealer to place the order with. Not like last time when I went with the one offering the best price for the trade-in car, too long a lead-in time for any of them to commit.
04-12-2011 10:03pm
Evo-king

(04-12-2011 10:03pm)toothfairy Wrote:  Thanks guys, folding the mirrors could be the answer for the tricky turns. I've got a LR Experience Day booked for early January and might ask if I can spend a few moments pressing a few buttons.

Have to say this has got to be the most prepared I've ever been before getting a new car, most of which is down to all the information on this forum. Reckon most buyers are going in to the Dealers knowing more about the car than the Sales Team do.

At the moment still at the 'eeny meeny miney mo' stage trying to decide which Dealer to place the order with. Not like last time when I went with the one offering the best price for the trade-in car, too long a lead-in time for any of them to commit.

Upto a point a lot of us did/do know more than some sales staff.

Now you might want to try and find out which dealer has the biggest clout with the factory, there is some sort of dealer pecking order, where certain dealers have bigger order quotas than others.

Could be worth a bit of research.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-12-2011 10:26pm
Louie

Can anybody out there confirm whether both mirrors fold in by pushing both buttons simultaneously if you do not have the electronic auto dipping option?
Also do the wing mirrors have auto dimming function / tinted glass to mitigate glare from headlights of overtaking vehicles?

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
04-12-2011 11:11pm
gw76

Dont need autodip/dim mirror to have folding mirrors. And no autodim function on wing mirrors
04-12-2011 11:16pm