Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wing Mirrors - Electronic?
RRRangeRRRover

Wing Mirrors - Electronic?

Is there anyway to turn the wing mirrors in i.e. when parking in tight spaces or on the street.

I assumed there was an automatic way of doing this (I have the Pure SD4 Tech Pack)...can't find a button anywhere.

If not, is it just a case of doing it by hand...I'm too scared to force them in!
14-03-2012 10:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Wing Mirrors - Electronic?

Yep - push L & R wing mirror adjustment buttons together and mirrors will fold in. If I've not explained it well then see section in the manual.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-03-2012 10:45pm
broady43

I thought the tech pack did not include folding mirrorsShocked

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
14-03-2012 11:10pm
cjfp

You are correct, it doesn't.

Thus if not ordered then it can't be done!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-03-2012 11:13pm
doug

(14-03-2012 11:10pm)broady43 Wrote:  I thought the tech pack did not include folding mirrorsShocked

Yes. Your right & cjfp is wrong Laughing (got you back now)
I had to order the power mirrors, about £340 on top of the Tech pack to have this option.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 11:19pm by doug.)
14-03-2012 11:18pm
cjfp

Ah, not quite doug. I answered the question posed - unaware that folding mirrors were not actually fitted to the car in question. However, as a gesture of goodwill, I'll let you have that one as evens (but I'll be watching to get it back!) Laughing

14-03-2012 11:22pm
RRRangeRRRover

Thanks!

I had read the previous post and was trying the two buttons for ages...lol

so the question now is, can I simply just push them in by hand...I am too worried about forcing it if it can't be done
15-03-2012 11:05am
WB
WB

(15-03-2012 11:05am)RRRangeRRRover Wrote:  Thanks!

I had read the previous post and was trying the two buttons for ages...lol

so the question now is, can I simply just push them in by hand...I am too worried about forcing it if it can't be done

Yes you can push them in by hand although you'll soon realise that not paying for the power fold mirrors was a good move as they only fold in a very small amount!
15-03-2012 11:16am
Donny Dog

(15-03-2012 11:16am)WB Wrote:  Yes you can push them in by hand although you'll soon realise that not paying for the power fold mirrors was a good move as they only fold in a very small amount!

Many years ago I was in Germany, and trying to park in a very tight spot up the side of a Mercedes with big wing mirrors. Knowing that you could push them in on mine, I thought I'd be helpful and avoid any damage by pushing his in as well. Unfortunately, it turned out that his were electric and didn't have the facility to fold manually. I quickly went looking for another parking spot while his wing mirror lay forlornly at the side of his car. Embarrassed
15-03-2012 11:39am
WB
WB

(15-03-2012 11:39am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Many years ago I was in Germany, and trying to park in a very tight spot up the side of a Mercedes with big wing mirrors. Knowing that you could push them in on mine, I thought I'd be helpful and avoid any damage by pushing his in as well. Unfortunately, it turned out that his were electric and didn't have the facility to fold manually. I quickly went looking for another parking spot while his wing mirror lay forlornly at the side of his car. Embarrassed

D'oh! Shocked
15-03-2012 05:26pm