Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windscreen Tag Location
HotLap

RE: Windscreen Tag Location

All, I have the solar attenuating glass as well and there is a definite "cut out" area to the upper left side of the rear view mirror. It is clear and appears the solar attenuating glass film has been cut out from that area. OM states this is where to mount electronic passes, etc.

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
26-05-2015 11:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

The first 6 months or so Evoques had no cut out so was really trial and error. A visible area is now highlighted to enable positioning. Follow this.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
27-05-2015 09:59am
couplands

(26-05-2015 11:04pm)HotLap Wrote:  All, I have the solar attenuating glass as well and there is a definite "cut out" area to the upper left side of the rear view mirror. It is clear and appears the solar attenuating glass film has been cut out from that area. OM states this is where to mount electronic passes, etc.

That's what I saw in the OM too, but the tag provider says it should also avoid areas of the screen covered by the heating elements, which are present in the clear area on the attenuating glass covered screens.

Can any users of the French toll system confirm that it works in the clear area..? Otherwise I'll just not fix it and test the location when I drive through the tolls on Friday..Wink

cheers

simon
27-05-2015 11:18am
MartinP

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if that's why my Severn tag didn't work a couple of weeks ago as I certainly didn't put it near the gap by the mirror (not knowing that I should!) - apologies if you were in the queue that built up behind me! I will try it in the correct place shortly.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-05-2015 06:52pm
couplands

Well, tried the tag in all the areas discussed and none of them worked. Dead loss...!

Rather than make the journey stress free I spent all the time worrying if it would work and then having to scrabble for cash to pay.

Not happy...Sad

Cheers

Simon
29-05-2015 11:17pm
Bill

Just used mine for the first time on the French autoroute with no problems (including 30 km/h booth). Installed in clear area of windscreen MY15 to left or rear view mirror (heated and solar attenuating screen)

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
01-06-2015 07:31am
couplands

(01-06-2015 07:31am)Bill Wrote:  Just used mine for the first time on the French autoroute with no problems (including 30 km/h booth). Installed in clear area of windscreen MY15 to left or rear view mirror (heated and solar attenuating screen)

Bill,

That's good to know..! Did you put in it the shaded area just above the clear area or in the middle of the clear area..?

If you have a picture of the tag in its location that would be very helpful.

Cheers

Simon
01-06-2015 07:43am
Bill

(01-06-2015 07:43am)couplands Wrote:  Bill,

That's good to know..! Did you put in it the shaded area just above the clear area or in the middle of the clear area..?

If you have a picture of the tag in its location that would be very helpful.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,
I put it in the clear area (after a couple of times just holding it there to make sure it worked|). I'll try and post a photo in the next day or two

01-06-2015 04:20pm
couplands

Perfect thanks. We tried holding it and was thinking maybe my hand was somehow affecting the signal. Will try again on our return journey next week.

Cheers

Simon
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 05:03pm by couplands.)
01-06-2015 05:02pm
Bill

(01-06-2015 05:02pm)couplands Wrote:  Perfect thanks. We tried holding it and was thinking maybe my hand was somehow affecting the signal. Will try again on our return journey next week.

Cheers

Simon

https://picasaweb.google.com/10290581799...3Zmm2ZCzDA

Hopefully the photos in this link will explain all

02-06-2015 09:11am