Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window scratch
musher

Window scratch

I have what only can be described as a faint scratch on my rear window. It's one of those scratches that unless you know it's there you would never know however, I know it's there and every time I clean the car I see it. Is there anything out there that can be used in removing this????

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
03-05-2013 11:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fickenhell

RE: Window scratch

(03-05-2013 11:39pm)musher Wrote:  I have what only can be described as a faint scratch on my rear window. It's one of those scratches that unless you know it's there you would never know however, I know it's there and every time I clean the car I see it. Is there anything out there that can be used in removing this????

Hammer?
Tongue Out
04-05-2013 09:08am
heronb

Jewellers rouge. You might do more harm than good though, one of the glass repairers may be able to help.
04-05-2013 10:03am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is the privacy glass factory fitted or after market? If it is factory glass then it is coloured glass so polishing should be OK

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 09:40am by XFullFatTim.)
05-05-2013 09:38am
musher

Tim, it's factory fitted. Any idea on what polish to use??

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
05-05-2013 11:02am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would suggest a visit to your local Halfords, try Autoglymm Glass Polish or ask the spotty youth assistant what they can recommend. heronB's suggestion is what I would have suggested for a fine scratch but you then have to be careful not to make it worse by introducing a swirl in the glass where you have polished it! Have you tried looking on the Autoglass website to see if they have any FAQ's about scratched glass?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-05-2013 12:49pm