Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window glass talk: Observation,discussion and survey
benzina

Just viewed a couple of demonstrator cars that have landed....one coupe and one 5-door.
Observation- on each car their are two different brands of glass.
Both cars have glass from ''Saint Gobain Sekurit'' for the Windscreen and the two front door windows, but the rear door windows and the rear hatch windows are from ''Fuyao''.
Discussion - Anyone have any theories as to why the use of different glass brands used on the same car?
Survey - For those that have their car, please report what your car has, and anyone going to their dealers,please check the demo cars.

P.S. Another observation..... i noticed the front screens of both cars from certain angles, had a slight-purple oily-film tinge, which some have suggested is a sign of ....solar-attenuating glass. The side windows did not seem to have this tinge, but were a nice dark green just the same.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 03:08am by benzina.)
05-11-2011 05:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

RE: Window glass talk: Observation,discussion and survey

Windscreen has infra red coating (solar attenuating) the rest not?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
05-11-2011 08:33am
Evoqess

My salesperson told me to look closely at the front screen at the barely noticeable squiggly lines. It's a heated windshield so presumably they are elements. I'll check the brand tomorrow Benzina - I wonder if the ones you saw were heated? I'm thrilled but also petrified by what the replacement cost might be? Surprised

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-11-2011 08:40am
benzina

Mmm... i not sure if the windscreens were heated or not, but i'm going back next week to have another look. I drove both cars by the way, and am still on cloud nine from the experience....the Evoque's on-road performance has more then lived up to my expectations, it was simply sublime!
Will do a more detailed review soon, in one of the test-drive threads.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
05-11-2011 10:07am
benzina

Being Sunday,the dealer is closed, but i thought i'd go and see if they had the Evoques (Pure SD4 Auto 5-Door / Dynamic Si4 Auto 3-Door) displayed out the front, and indeed, they were there.
Had a look for the squiggly lines on the windshield, but i cound'nt see any on both cars.
I did however note Low E ratings on the glass surrounding the cars. Can anyone enlighten us on these codes.
They were as follows for both cars...

Windscreen - Saint Gobain Sekurit (E8)
Front door windows - Saint Gobain Sekurit (E2)
Rear door windows - Fuyao (E4)
Rear Hatch Door window - Fuyao (E4)

On the point regarding the use of different brands for front and rear windows, maybe the front windows are laminated double glazed type, like the big Range Rover's have. Can anyone please check on their Evoque, by rolling your front window down,and checking the leading edge of the glass?

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 06:01am by benzina.)
06-11-2011 03:28am
benzina

For those lucky enough to have their cars (if it's not to much trouble), can you please go outside, and check the window glass brand on all the windows surrounding your Evoque? I want to see if they are different for different markets.

Here in Australia,they are....
Windscreen - Saint Gobain Sekurit / E8
Front door windows - Saint Gobain Sekurit / E2
Rear door windows - Fuyao / E4
Rear Hatch Door window - Fuyao / E4

Also,please have a look at the leading edge of the front door window glass,and let us know if it's laminated double glazed or not? Cheers.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 07:05am by benzina.)
08-11-2011 05:55am
DDX

Privacy glass could be a reason for a different manufacturer on the windows rear of the B pillar.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
08-11-2011 06:47am
benzina

One of the two example demo's that i spoke of above,the (the 5-door SD4), did NOT have privacy glass.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 07:15am by benzina.)
08-11-2011 07:14am
DDX

Well that throws my theory out then, lol

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
08-11-2011 08:05am
griff

If the car has a winter pack or is a Prestige or Dynamic in the UK then heated windscreen is standard.
As for the rest of the glass, as long as it keeps the wind out I don't have much interest - sorry

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 09:49am by griff.)
08-11-2011 09:48am