Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Williams F1 ceramic coat
Dwp

Williams F1 ceramic coat

Hi, first time I've posted. I've been offered the Williams ceramic coat paint treatment by my dealer(Lloyds Carlisle), has any one had any experience of it?

I've used Superguard, Diamondbright etc in the past, jury's out on whether they are any good or not, but the Williams is supposed to be a step up.

Thanks

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
06-05-2012 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevoque

RE: Williams F1 ceramic coat

A total waste of money and especially if Carlisle has anything to go by avoid with all cost as I got mine from there in January and glad I didn't do it yourself as the coatings they are putting on are £30 so you are Paying £270 for an 18 year old to scratch the life out of your car. Pm me if your looking for someone to do your car !!
Kevin
06-05-2012 10:48am
brough74

Hi Dwp im also getting mine from Lloyds carlisle hopefully on the 18th of this month, ive ordered the williams ceramic coating on mine.

Have a look on the website http://www.autoprotectwilliams.com/faqs/

As long as it protects it from bird poo im happy, i will be detailing it myself aswell at a later date.
06-05-2012 12:38pm
kevoque

Why pay £200 - £300 to have a 18 year old that doesn't care about your car to apply a £30 product that read the small print with this to be paint serviced every year !! Are you going to take this back to lloyds and hand them another £200 every year to have this done it is a waste of money spend it on getting it detailed if desperate to get it protected
Don't waste your money if your going to detail it yourself you are going to strip it off anyway !! So why bother!! Spend £100 on a product and apply yourself!!
06-05-2012 03:01pm
xxxx5

(06-05-2012 03:01pm)kevoque Wrote:  Why pay £200 - £300 to have a 18 year old that doesn't care about your car to apply a £30 product that read the small print with this to be paint serviced every year !! Are you going to take this back to lloyds and hand them another £200 every year to have this done it is a waste of money spend it on getting it detailed if desperate to get it protected
Don't waste your money if your going to detail it yourself you are going to strip it off anyway !! So why bother!! Spend £100 on a product and apply yourself!!

+1, totally agree. Get you money back and get a good detailer to do it. Far better end results, trust me.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-05-2012 07:31pm
kevoque

Thank you xxxx5 someone that sees sense also cheers !!
Call up Gtechniq there is a detailer in the Workington area get a quote from him to get a full detail and it will be a proper job not some kid doing a job by putting a sealer/ceramic coat over paint that has not had any prep!!
Trust me You may as well give the sales man £200 extra for selling you a car as the profit his 1000% to the salesman he pockets it and yes it would look good under the lights in the showroom! Drive it then to a detailer and under his lights you would be straight onto the phone to the garage to say WTF this is a new car I just
Bought and see the state of the paint and the coating you just put onto my new car!! Please spend £200-£300 and get it detailed if you want it done pm me I can help you out!!
Kev
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 08:28pm by kevoque.)
06-05-2012 08:16pm
Dwp

Thanks guys, interesting, been looking in to Gtechniq products and they look good. I think I'll give the Gtechniq guy a call, but I'm not adverse to doing it my self so that's what I'll probably do. I was in the Lloyds showroom the other day and there was an evoque in waiting to go out which had been treated, i never had a close look at the paint work but from the salesmans desk the dressing on the tyres looked poor.

Brough74, I've been given a build date of the 18th May, how long did they give you from your build date to your expected delivery date?

Dp

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
07-05-2012 09:39am
brough74

I think my build date was about the 4th of May and collection about a fortnight later. I opted for a fortnight as im at work the days they said before that. It gives them time to fit my towbar and treat the paintwork.
07-05-2012 11:14am
kevoque

Brough74 avoid the paintwork protection trust me!!
07-05-2012 11:25am
Chunk

I'm sorry but this quote sums it up for me,

Q: Can I put my car through a car wash?
A: Certainly, it may be the best way to keep your car clean. It will not
effect the coating and you won’t need to use an expensive
program. A simple wash and dry cycle will do.

You must be mad to put a £1000 car through a car wash (paint swirler) let alone a 50k one . these products may be semi ok but who is applying them and what prep has been done first. Give your hard earned to a reputable detailer and let them care for your evoque!!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
07-05-2012 11:47am