Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Widest spacers possible with factory 20" wheels ?
Lone Rangerover

RE: Widest spacers possible with factory 20" wheels ?

(03-08-2012 06:54am)tripletreiber Wrote:  I will use 20mm ( not 30mm or 25mm) front because of the wheelmoving while steering. Had some probs with my old Saab and custom wheels ( they had "integrated" spacers, don´t know the english ..in Germany we call it " Einpresstiefe" , it means the wheel stick out without extra spacers).

25mm with OEM Wheels don´t stick out at the front or rear of an RRE.

the salesman told me the TUV confirms the 30mm spacers ( therefor , they can´t stick out the fenders, otherwise the TUV won´t confirm), but it looks to much like a racing car , which have these extrem wide distance between the wheels on racetracks (DTM). The car with the 30mm wasn´t lowered.

If you do both ( lowering springs and spacers , or perhaps 21-22" wheels), i think you could get in trouble because the rims could hit the inner fendertrim while steering or going over bumps .
I will use the stock ride height too... its an SUV Laughing

Thanks for your information.

When you say the TUV won't confirm, do you mean that it is a TUV law that the tires and wheels can only be flush to the fender and not stick out past ?

That's good to know as that will help me feel more comfortable that the 25mm ones will not stick out
03-08-2012 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tripletreiber

RE: Widest spacers possible with factory 20" wheels ?

When you say the TUV won't confirm, do you mean that it is a TUV law that the tires and wheels can only be flush to the fender and not stick out past ?

exactly

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
03-08-2012 10:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply