Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why should I buy another?
buckiebabyrr

RE: Why should I buy another?

(11-03-2014 06:15pm)vinny Wrote:  Audi SQ5 is a 3 ltr v6 twin Turbo with 313 PS and over 600 NM of torque its probably a better engine than what's in the new RR sport with better fuel economy than evoque.Don't know the exact dimensions but the SQ5 isn't that much bigger than the evoque so surely a bigger unit could possibly fit?
Regarding value the SQ starts at £44k but decent discounts are available (7-10%) so spec it up with pano roof (which opens) and a better sat nav/info system puts it in the same price bracket as dynamic/prestige.

My dynamic still came in cheaper at 44k than a sq5 when specced up, I felt the interior rather dull and very business like. My neighbour has one and I still feel I got better value for money than him I also looked at speccing up a Q3RS and it also was quite pricey for what it was.

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
11-03-2014 09:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

Specced up a SQ5 to the level of a Dynamic Lux and it came to about £52k, Engine aside the SQ5 I drove was a ergonomic disaster and about as attractive ownership prospect as a second hand dishwasher.

PS: dear Audi in the 21st century the touch screen has been invented and cruise controls are on the streering wheel not on a stalk sticking in your left knee!!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-03-2014 11:06pm
vinny

Would def agree the interior finish is typically German and not a patch on the evoque but after a couple of years you always get the itch for a wee bit more oomph.
You are right about the spec mine came out at £51k but as I said 7-10% discount is common place,certainly haven't got one sitting on my drive yet but its on my list.
As previously mentioned I would of had a new sport se ordered by now if LR hadn't pulled it,starting at £52k made it untouchable value but you know when something is too good to be true......no discount on that though!!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
12-03-2014 12:58am
Tony

(12-03-2014 12:58am)vinny Wrote:  Would def agree the interior finish is typically German and not a patch on the evoque but after a couple of years you always get the itch for a wee bit more oomph.
You are right about the spec mine came out at £51k but as I said 7-10% discount is common place,certainly haven't got one sitting on my drive yet but its on my list.
As previously mentioned I would of had a new sport se ordered by now if LR hadn't pulled it,starting at £52k made it untouchable value but you know when something is too good to be true......no discount on that though!!

Need to remember any 'Discount' will be reflected in what you will be offered as a px price on your existing vehicle. With no discount on a new Evoque we got a very good price for our Jan 2012 Evoque, in the end its the 'Price to change' that you have to be happy with.

Because of where we live and only having the one vehicle it would be virtually impossible for us to sell our old Evoque privately, px is our only realistic option. All the dealers:- JLR, Audi, BMW etc. are all a 125 miles away, with Porsche 250 miles distant. The joys of living on an island!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
12-03-2014 09:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you are going to order a new Evoque then act quickly - current delivery dates are stretching out further and further into the Autumn! Dealers only seem to be getting demo cars and nothing as stock - the dealer I visited on Monday couldn't even sell me their 2014 Dynamic as they had no stock and no replacement vehicle coming in soon - every car is now built to order and if you do find one in dealer stock it is probably a cancelled order. More and more production is going to export so we have to suffer in the UK.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2014 09:35am
Tony

(12-03-2014 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you are going to order a new Evoque then act quickly - current delivery dates are stretching out further and further into the Autumn! Dealers only seem to be getting demo cars and nothing as stock - the dealer I visited on Monday couldn't even sell me their 2014 Dynamic as they had no stock and no replacement vehicle coming in soon - every car is now built to order and if you do find one in dealer stock it is probably a cancelled order. More and more production is going to export so we have to suffer in the UK.

True, we ordered Friday for a 21st May build date on a dealers stock allocation of a Dynamic Lux SD4 Auto 5 door.

We first enquired about changing two weeks ago and were originally quoted for an April build.

12-03-2014 09:50am
XFullFatTim

Tony, I hope that yours doesn't take as long in gestation as mine has! In January it was going to be built today..................... it is now showing as going to be built next week on the 19th

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2014 09:54am
HeartbreakRidge

(12-03-2014 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  More and more production is going to export so we have to suffer in the UK.

My apologies for contributing to your delays! Cool

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
12-03-2014 02:46pm
XFullFatTim

No need to apologise, UK PLC needs to export something otherwise we would only be a nation of bankers and service engineers

12-03-2014 03:30pm
HeartbreakRidge

Well, I think the finale of Top Gear Series 20 (where they went through all of the automotive and related manufacturing in the UK) blew my mind a bit when they mentioned the plant in the UK that builds Toyota Camrys for export to Japan!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
12-03-2014 03:40pm