Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is this forum so quiet?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Why is this forum so quiet?

Great to know you and your wife were only shaken and not badly hurt in the shunt, at least you had the police there when the accident happened and hopefully it all happened at a relatively low speed. Are you replacing the car with the same again but a newer one?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 08:38am by XFullFatTim.)
22-02-2017 08:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ss4pk

(22-02-2017 08:37am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Great to know you and your wife were only shaken and not badly hurt in the shunt, at least you had the police there when the accident happened and hopefully it all happened at a relatively low speed. Are you replacing the car with the same again but a newer one?
I think the lady was going between 35-45miles per hour. As long as an asteroid doesn't hit the Earth, we are getting a 2016 Evoque. I thought I read on here someone didn't like the 9 speed transmission, but I hope that was just a few people's opinion, I thought it was fine.
22-02-2017 10:23pm
Donny Dog

I'm another one who's had the same Evoque for five years (next week). We've never had any bother with it and it still looks like brand new (25,000 miles). We'll be sad to trade it in on 1 March (for a RRS) and would be pleased to get the same reliability and lack of deterioration even though it's kept outdoors (my other car, an SL500, has understandable priority!). The biggest annoyance is the derisory trade in price we've got, especially as they reduced it by £1,500 since valuing it in late November. We got 6% discount off the new car, and it seems to me that the dealer has systematically tried to claw it back in other ways (he has also kept half the LR deposit contribution on a loan that we only took out because of this 'free' money). If I'd known what they were going to do, I'd have tried to sell it privately. Indeed, I still would if there's anyone out there who wants a pristine SD4 Prestige Lux in Orkney Grey with literally unmarked perfect Cirrus interior for anything over £25,000.......

Sorry, I digress: As for the main topic, this site seems to have gone quiet suddenly. Because of our new order I joined RRSport (which is manic, as Tim says). Next time I came back to here after persuing masses of interesting past posts on RRSport, everyone had gone!Shocked
23-02-2017 10:14am
PAT

Seems this site lost its mojo a long time ago which is a shame as the layout is good but other than Tim providing his knowledgable input I gave up.

I regularly check the other RRE site but never liked how it looked visually.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
23-02-2017 08:06pm
XFullFatTim

I've recently joined both the iPace and Velar forums, iPace is deader than a dead thing and the only life in the Velar forum was after yesterday's LR announcement - both are run by the same person who is not Martin. Fortunately like Martin's forums the owner of Ipace and Velar has not yet felt the need to have advertising to support the forum costs.

Donny a similar situation to yours has happened to a member of the Disco5 forum where his dealer has gone back on a deal and his car is in the dealership awaiting delivery............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 08:22pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-02-2017 08:20pm
Evo-king

I've always appreciated the technical expertise and LR knowledge offered on here.

Over on the other forum majority of comments are about new orders or complaints regarding new engine range, although there is a growing band of new members joining who have bought used cars, they'd probably get some good answers on here.

KUTGW.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-02-2017 09:02pm
Donny Dog

(23-02-2017 08:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Donny a similar situation to yours has happened to a member of the Disco5 forum where his dealer has gone back on a deal and his car is in the dealership awaiting delivery............

You mean the customer cancelled the deal?
23-02-2017 09:26pm
RogB

Not to push people away from this forum, which isn't a bad forum to be on, but if you have an early model Evoque with 2.2 SD4 lump have a look at the Freel2.com forum.

the Evoque is after all, mainly a Freelander underneath and there is a plentiful supply of very knowledgeable people on Freel2 who are more than willing to impart their knowledge (you may get a bit of light hearted abuse for driving a 'pretty' Freelander though Smile )

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
24-02-2017 01:13pm
XFullFatTim

He was trying to the last time I looked but wasn't sure. By backing out of the deal the dealer made the dealer more expensive than he could afford...........

24-02-2017 02:00pm
Ricvifarho

(23-02-2017 10:14am)Donny Dog Wrote:  I'm another one who's had the same Evoque for five years (next week). We've never had any bother with it and it still looks like brand new (25,000 miles). We'll be sad to trade it in on 1 March (for a RRS) and would be pleased to get the same reliability and lack of deterioration even though it's kept outdoors (my other car, an SL500, has understandable priority!). The biggest annoyance is the derisory trade in price we've got, especially as they reduced it by £1,500 since valuing it in late November. We got 6% discount off the new car, and it seems to me that the dealer has systematically tried to claw it back in other ways (he has also kept half the LR deposit contribution on a loan that we only took out because of this 'free' money). If I'd known what they were going to do, I'd have tried to sell it privately. Indeed, I still would if there's anyone out there who wants a pristine SD4 Prestige Lux in Orkney Grey with literally unmarked perfect Cirrus interior for anything over £25,000.......

Sorry, I digress: As for the main topic, this site seems to have gone quiet suddenly. Because of our new order I joined RRSport (which is manic, as Tim says). Next time I came back to here after persuing masses of interesting past posts on RRSport, everyone had gone!Shocked

I'm on my 2nd Evoque and am just happily driving it! This forum has been great for me since getting by SD4 in 2012, answering Qs, but now I don't have Qs...except.....-is the 240hp diesel available, like the one in the Velar?- the configurator says no!

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
04-03-2017 04:43pm