Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am i not excited ????
Jonathon555

Why am i not excited ????

After the 6 month wait my car is at the dealers , i Discovered it there by luck. I was not expecting it to be there this soon.

I popped in just to check on the progress of my order, the sales person not available so i went to drive away . As i drove past the car prep area i could see a car similar to my spec, so i decided to have a closer look. Hey presto the spec was exact , it was my car. It looks great , my friends car has also arrived in OG with cirrus it look quality.

I will be collecting the car in a few days , when i get time.

Normally i am so i excited that i lose sleep when a new toy is arriving , whats wrong with me ????

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 11:05pm by cjfp.)
26-06-2012 10:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

RE: Why am i not exited ????

Waited too long and your friends looked better????? (just a guess)
26-06-2012 10:38pm
Jonathon555

(26-06-2012 10:38pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Waited too long and your friends looked better????? (just a guess)

Both cars look great , his rides on standard 18's my car rides on 20's

My car is an sd4 his car is a td4

I would take either car no problem , so i don't think thats a problem.

I dont know what the problem is !

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
26-06-2012 10:46pm
The Valeter

RE: Why am i not excited ????

Blame the weather lol.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
26-06-2012 11:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

Anticlimax? When you have anxiously waited so long for something and when it finally arrives you sometimes may experience a hollow feeling. It's a "so this is it" moment.

Normality will kick in after a shortwhile and you'll be zipping around in your little beauty with a big grin on your face lapping up the admiring glances from envious drivers.

Nothing odd IMHO Smile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
26-06-2012 11:34pm
Mudi1

(26-06-2012 10:46pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Both cars look great , his rides on standard 18's my car rides on 20's

My car is an sd4 his car is a td4

I would take either car no problem , so i don't think thats a problem.

I dont know what the problem is !

I really was only joking. Laughing If you had preferred your friends choice you would have picked it.

But y'know I feel the same, I had a two seater low rider, now I have a 5 seater high, totally different. I dont know why either. A friend suggested I wait until the winter (as that was one of the main reasons I chose it - for the winter road handling).
I needed it last winter and stupidly thought I could just walk into a showroom and wait a few weeks (as they have many on display), I was exited then but have since found the wait too long, with the added pressure of not knowing if I had made the right choice with colour!
27-06-2012 12:42am
jitenc

Simple. You know and have seen what your new toy is before its gift wrapped and presented to you.
If you feel you need to feel excited, why not delay the car till December and call it a Christmas present? ... Just a thought. Smile
On second thoughts, it could be because you have spend soooo much time on this forum, that you feel that you have already owned and driven the car.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 05:18am by jitenc.)
27-06-2012 05:14am
Jonathon555

Ok thanks for the replies .

I guess the exitement may come the night before .

I am lookng forward to getting it, i disposed of my Audi s line yesterday.

So now i am trotting round in one of my other cars for now.

27-06-2012 07:29am
doug

I can't believe your car was at your dealers & no one had informed you. I know some dealers don't want there customers seeing there car just of the transporter, but they could have rang you say it's do in soon & when do you want to pick it up.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-06-2012 09:57am
alibeau

(26-06-2012 11:34pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Anticlimax? When you have anxiously waited so long for something and when it finally arrives you sometimes may experience a hollow feeling. It's a "so this is it" moment.

Normality will kick in after a shortwhile and you'll be zipping around in your little beauty with a big grin on your face lapping up the admiring glances from envious drivers.

Nothing odd IMHO Smile

Definitely +1

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
27-06-2012 11:08am