Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White Prestige? Newbie
testme2011

White Prestige? Newbie

Hi All

I wondered what people thought on colour combinations.

I am looking at the Prestige 5 door in Fuji White with Tan leathers but am planning to wait until I can see the exact colour of the tan. The Element is the only other real alternative for white in the Prestige.

I believe the best interior combination for white is in the Dynamic: Verve interior, Santorini Black roof. This, however, is quite a dark interior despite a panoramic roof.

I am quite disappointed that the Prestige cannot be specced up with black mirror caps and grille like the Dynamic.

I am also looking at Black as another option, but am aware this doesnt do the car much justice.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of seeing the cars and leathers up close?
25-03-2011 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

RE: White Prestige? Newbie

Hi testme,

I'm also going with Prestige and I'm going with black outside and Ambiance inside.

Not sure I agree with you on the black paintwork - don't forget that the Prestige has lots more bright metal finishing on the exterior than the other two models (whose finishes are darker metals) and this will set off brilliantly against the black paint (I think!).
25-03-2011 09:48pm
vision*R

I've ordered Fuji White with Element leather. I've sat in a Tan interior and it looked really good, but I think it's a little too adventurous with future resale in mind, just like Verve. And I don't like the Espresso of the dashboard that's combined with the Tan seats.

I've seen Fuji White and Firenze Red in real life and I think Fuji is great, it really does justice to the modern design. For black I think I prefer Barolo black over Santorini (check the Geneva pictures).
25-03-2011 10:01pm
testme2011

Good point - which black are you going for?
Do you think the black does the evoque it's design justice?

I feel white only really works well with the dynamic as the black Morris and grille work very well with this combination. I'm not sure if the tan will look too orange with the panoramic roof...

Too many decisions!
25-03-2011 10:04pm
SW6RR

Agree with you that if you go for white then the dynamic works well - for the same reasons - a strong contrast between the paint and the finishing work.

Im going for standard black. Dealer warned me against the Barolo as could be a bit bit fad-ish (but these are obviously just personal opinions). I think it'll do the design justice but I'd reiterate that I think black really does work best on the prestige. If I was going for a dynamic I don't think I'd consider black because it would look a bit featureless...

I think you will be OK with tan and the white.
25-03-2011 10:23pm
vision*R

There's a lot of chrome on the Prestige and the strip below the side windows really cuts the car in half when the contrast is too high (especially black paint).
Therefore I like a little less contrast, and it's Fuji Prestige for me. Whatever the version, I prefer white on this car, although I've never even considered it on my previous cars.
25-03-2011 10:39pm
testme2011

What interior options have you gone for with the White prestige? Would you think elements works well?
25-03-2011 10:41pm
SW6RR

@ vision*R - it's funny isn't it - takes all sorts, I really like the visual effect of the bright waist finisher against the black paint!
25-03-2011 10:46pm
cjfp

i really want black but am worried that after two weeks i'll be cursing the choice like i have with my other black cars, showing any dirt / scratches etc like a beacon

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-03-2011 10:54pm
QUATTROMAN

With regards to Fuji White- it is the roll out colour for a reason-
It accentuates the body lines better than any other colour due to reflecting the light better.
Providing you have the time to prep the paint and apply some kind of sealant ie acrylic, then keeping it clean is not a problem-we have had the Scirocco for just over a year now and it still looks like new once washed and dryed.
Black is the worst colour for showing the dirt -I personally would never have a black vehicale -too high maintenance in keeping it clean.
Also all paint is lacquered so if you can prep and get it looking highly polished it can have reflective properties that can be outstanding.

Rgds q'man    

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2011 11:04pm by QUATTROMAN.)
25-03-2011 10:59pm