Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White Coupe
Blackseries

White Coupe

Saw my first undisguised (and showroom ready) Evoque on the road today. I was travelling north on the M42 by the NEC and it was heading in the opposite direction (sorry no photos). It was a white Coupe (Prestige) WOW – it looks like nothing else on the road. It looks like its come through a time portal from the future – all the cars round it just looked old fashioned and from a different era ..... it looked amazing. It certainly stands out in white.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-05-2011 10:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: White Coupe

Fantastic, just what I wanted to hear! Smile

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
11-05-2011 10:57pm
evoqueboy

I have seen a fair few of these on the M6 around warwickshire/west mids area. The best I had seen was on Tuesday which was a Firenze red coupe with a white roof! The coupe looks a lot better than the 4 door. Seen a couple of red ones, a black one, a beautiful navy colour as well!
11-05-2011 11:11pm
Blackseries

(11-05-2011 11:11pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  The coupe looks a lot better than the 4 door.

I think I have to agree with you if I didn't need easy access to the rear I would go for a Coupe in a heartbeat - I think LR's estimate of only 30% of sales for the Coupe could be well under.

What are your thoughts about the black car you saw. FFRR and RRS look great in Black because they are so big - just wondered what you thought of a black Evoque on the road.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-05-2011 11:32pm
evoqueboy

(11-05-2011 11:32pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 11:11pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  The coupe looks a lot better than the 4 door.

I think I have to agree with you if I didn't need easy access to the rear I would go for a Coupe in a heartbeat - I think LR's estimate of only 30% of sales for the Coupe could be well under.

What are your thoughts about the black car you saw. FFRR and RRS look great in Black because they are so big - just wondered what you thought of a black Evoque on the road.

I personally thought it was the worst colour I had seen however I had seen a pure so I didn't feel there was all that much road presence, no disrespect to those who have ordered a pure. Having said that I think it's gonna be one of those cars where the colours grow on you the more you see them.
11-05-2011 11:42pm
Blackseries

(11-05-2011 11:42pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  I personally thought it was the worst colour I had seen

I was rather afraid you were going to say that, all the videos in the arctic made the car look not that special - however there is one photo in the wild (in Black) where it looks great - but I did wonder if it had enough presence to carry it off - hopefully we'll see enough colours and specs at Live to make a sensible decision - I may wait for Kosrae Green
(11-05-2011 11:11pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  The best I had seen was on Tuesday which was a Firenze red coupe with a white roof!

When I did a factory tour I saw a Firenze Red Coupe with Black roof - it looked sensational.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 12:06am by Blackseries.)
12-05-2011 12:02am
Wicksy

(11-05-2011 11:42pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 11:32pm)Blackseries Wrote:  

I personally thought it was the worst colour I had seen however I had seen a pure so I didn't feel there was all that much road presence, no disrespect to those who have ordered a pure. Having said that I think it's gonna be one of those cars where the colours grow on you the more you see them.
Are you really saying that the chrome waistline gives the car a much greater road presence? - In all honesty, I find it very difficult to distinguish the models from each other - apart from a bit of chrome here and there I can't see much difference at all
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 08:04am by Wicksy.)
12-05-2011 08:03am
Alex

Well I think the rear on the Dynamic is better than that of the Pure or Prestige, but not a fan of the black grill on the front of the Dynamic. Wish there was more hoice on exterior trim. Say model higher where you could customise between the Prestige and Dynamic.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
12-05-2011 08:20am
Blackseries

(12-05-2011 08:20am)Alex Wrote:  Well I think the rear on the Dynamic is better than that of the Pure or Prestige, but not a fan of the black grill on the front of the Dynamic. Wish there was more hoice on exterior trim. Say model higher where you could customise between the Prestige and Dynamic.

My thoughts exactly - if you are paying £45K for a car no bigger than a Focus you should be able to customise every single element of it.

12-05-2011 08:27am
paulus599

(11-05-2011 11:42pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  I personally thought it was the worst colour I had seen however I had seen a pure so I didn't feel there was all that much road presence, no disrespect to those who have ordered a pure.

Very suprised that you say the Pure has no road presence. I'm with Wicksy with regard to finding it hard to distinguish between the different models, I can now, but when I first read the brochures etc. the only thing that stood out was the shape of the tailpipes on the Dynamic.
There's obviously more than that, but they are just trim changes which surely can't make that much difference to how it looks on the road (to the average man in the street anyway).

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
12-05-2011 03:30pm