Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which power washer?
David-H.

Which power washer?

Hi all.

I'm looking to get a power washer but I'm not sure what type to get, Karcher or Nilfisk. Budget is up to £150.

Your help and advice greatly appreciated.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
04-03-2012 02:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Which power washer?

(04-03-2012 02:50pm)David-H. Wrote:  Hi all.

I'm looking to get a power washer but I'm not sure what type to get, Karcher or Nilfisk. Budget is up to £150.

Your help and advice greatly appreciated.

David.

Hi David,
Both are much the same. For me i have a Karcher, only as you can get spares & new lances at most hardware stores.
If your needing a Snow lance, I would all so opt for the Karcher as it's easier to find one with the "K" fitment.

Have a look at the Karcher T2.385 T50. Tesco direct sell it for £89.97 (should be £198.00).
You all so get the patio washer for this price.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 03:19pm by doug.)
04-03-2012 03:13pm
WB
WB

+1 for Karcher - you can get great deals on their online outlet too.
04-03-2012 03:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also keep an eye out on special offers at your local Aldi, they sometimes have Karcher's on the special one day offer.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-03-2012 04:51pm
3V0QU3

Which power washer?

Get the most powerful one you can, lower power jet washers are a waste of time and money, might as well just use a hosepipe. Worth waiting if you can't afford a more powerful one, I made the mistake and just ended up replacing a cheap one, so cost me more in the end.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
04-03-2012 04:58pm
The Valeter

This post kind of contradicts the one above lol but we must have written at the same time hense the edit!

If you buy a Karcher as I did (never again) be extreemly carefull in the winter & wrap it up in cotton wool as the slightest chill B*****s it up. This happened to my £300 machine that was only used for 3 months then Karcher refused to repair it as I was being honest (never again either) & told them I was using it to valet cars.

Back in the Summer 0f 2008 I bought an RAC mini pressure washer from Woolworths for £19.99 & guess what it works in rain, sun, snow, frost & all sorts, this was supposed to be a back up machine but I now use it all the time . the actual pressure means it takes longer to clean a filthy 4x4 but at least it works!

As much as I liked the Karcher as it had the wind in cable reel but I have come to the conclusion that in the case of pressure washers the cheaper the better!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 07:15pm by The Valeter.)
04-03-2012 07:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David-H.

Hi all.

Well I went for the Karcher T2.385 T5. Our local Tesco Home had it for sale at £88.37, but as a bonus when I scanned it, it went through at £84.50.
Next purchase will be a snow foam lance.

Cheers - David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
15-03-2012 01:57pm
RacingSnake

Is this thread only here to rub it in the noses of us in the south with the hosepipe ban? Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-03-2012 02:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

Try the Karcher online outlet. I've seen some good reviews on service and cost.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
15-03-2012 02:21pm
lesdon499

I bought a refurb from karcher online outlet and it has been fantastic. I saved over £200 so was delighted. I use it at least 4 times a week between our 2 cars so its had loads of use. Agree with the post re getting the most powerful within budget. I got a 5.85 and didn't need the patio cleaner nor other lances as I had them already. I use an Autobrite snow foam lance which was £45 or so and its excellent fun! Above all I love cleaning my new pride and joy Smile

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
15-03-2012 02:34pm