Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Which is best?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Which is best?

Before buying my present Fuji White Evoque I was firmly in the "Sceptic" group regarding the benefits of having Paint Protection systems applied to my car. I was given a very good deal at Lookers Park Royal on GardX treatment when I purchased the Evoque and two years down the road I am very very pleased with the performance - even with just the 6 monthly wash with the GardX car wash shampoo and no other coating maintenance, it still beads beautifully when wet and dirt still comes off with just a light wash, even a rain shower is enough to restore the body work to gleaming white.

Now I have ordered a new car in Ipanema Sand and while Fuji wasn't too bad for not showing the dirt, Ipanema should be even better at hiding it, I have been offered Autoglym Lifeshine on the new car. Now on the Lifshine website it claims to have a similar sealing effect to GardX ............. so which one to go for?

PLEASE don't recommend GTechnique or whatever it is called as an alternative as I'm not prepared to apply it myself in November, I would prefer to let my dealership do it in their warm dry prepping area shared with numerous Bentleys also getting the same treatment.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2013 05:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-09-2013 05:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Which is best?

(18-09-2013 05:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Before buying my present Fuji White Evoque I was firmly in the "Sceptic" group regarding the benefits of having Paint Protection systems applied to my car. I was given a very good deal at Lookers Park Royal on GardX treatment when I purchased the Evoque and two years down the road I am very very pleased with the performance - even with just the 6 monthly wash with the GardX car wash shampoo and no other coating maintenance, it still beads beautifully when wet and dirt still comes off with just a light wash, even a rain shower is enough to restore the body work to gleaming white.

Now I have ordered a new car in Ipanema Sand and while Fuji wasn't too bad for not showing the dirt, Ipanema should be even better at hiding it, I have been offered Autoglym Lifeshine on the new car. Now on the Lifshine website it claims to have a similar sealing effect to GardX ............. so which one to go for?

PLEASE don't recommend GTechnique or whatever it is called as an alternative as I'm not prepared to apply it myself in November, I would prefer to let my dealership do it in their warm dry prepping area shared with numerous Bentleys also getting the same treatment.

I was an Autoglym sceptic, indeed, like you, I was a sceptic of all such treatments, but I had the Evoque done by an independent valet and have been very pleased with the result. I have no experience of other treatments, so can't compare, but the Autoglym still sheds dirt like you describe after 18 months. iwndeed, When it rains heavily, the car looks as though it's just been washed!

The valet did two cars for the price of one (I had my SL done at the same time), and I watched him applying the various stages. He did an extremely thorough job and took the best part of the day doing it. I'm not so sure I'd trust our local dealership when I wasn't there, though!
18-09-2013 05:31pm
PhilSkill

My friend has the Autoglym Life shine on her new Nissan Note, i'll ask how they are getting on with it. She got all the after care pack of AutoGlym products etc with the treatment and the dealer did it...

You don't have to apply gTechniq yourself...

http://service.gtechniq.com/

or

http://gtechniq.com/quote-me/

(I couldn't get on the website myself though for some reason, maybe blocked, or maybe down, and it ain't cheap!)

Approved gTechniq Detailer from teh gTechniq Website... I have no link to them and cannot tell you if any good but there is an Evoque in their gallery.

Incredible Detail
Block 57 Unit 2
23 Montrose Avenue
Hillington Park
Glasgow
G52 4LA

t: 0141 810 1102

t: 07547 735 593
w: http://www.incredibledetail.co.uk
f: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Incredible...84?fref=ts

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2013 06:00pm by PhilSkill.)
18-09-2013 05:49pm
XFullFatTim

Thanks Phil I'll give them a phone and get a quote

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2013 07:25pm
speary

I am sure that the better treatments are very good when applied professionally, what gets me is the £350 that dealers charge, usually for some work experience lad to slap on £40's worth of protectant without the necessary prep. I apologise to any main dealers out there that do a proper professional job. There must be some of you out there

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-09-2013 08:15am
griff

I think if you mentioned a clay bar to your average dealer valeter he or she would think you are talking about material to make a pot in Primary School Laughing

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
19-09-2013 09:54am
Evo-king

Tim.

If you manage to get hold of a GTechniq guy.

Have a word with your dealer to see if they will let him do the work on the dealers site, if you can it will be a good result.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-09-2013 10:37am
XFullFatTim

Unfortunately the car is being delivered in London so I'll stick with HGG's Autoglym - if it's good enough for Bentley's and FFRR's its going to be fine on my RRE!

19-09-2013 05:16pm