Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to get best new deal?
speedbird

Where to get best new deal?

If I were to buy a new Evoque, where would I go to get the best level of discount...have read on here, people achieving 10% or more...where do you get this? Or anywhere close?

I tried drive the deal, and there is no discount !
19-12-2014 02:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speedbird

RE: Where to get best new deal?

Also does anybody have experience of PCP? Local dealer are offering greater discount if I take it. Can it be paid off immediately meaning no interest charges? Or minimal at least?
19-12-2014 05:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

To me it sounds like your dealer needs your business to take him up to the End of Month/End of Quarter or End of Year bonus level and he can afford to offer you the earth as the bonuses will be significant if he meets or exceeds targets. Take whatever the best deal is you can get but do bear in mind that there can be significant charges if you pay off a PCP (which is more like a rental agreement) early. You might be better to see if you can get a 0%APR short term HP deal. The dealer is plainly keen to do business with you, have you tried to get the Service Package thrown in for free too?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 06:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-12-2014 06:07pm
speedbird

They have proved to include the service package. They won't throw in free but I will try again!
I was under new EU regulations you could pay off as you please with minimal penalty. I had better read the small print.
19-12-2014 07:07pm
Tony

PCP deals, always read the small print re: early repayment, There is often a minimum number of payments you have the make before you can get out and/or a penalty charge.

We are currently shopping for a late 14 plate F Type and the salesmans opening comment is always will that be on finance sir? My reply is always a resounding NO, I can pay cash. I know that does not suit for everyone but whilst the banks are paying me joke interest on my investments there is no way I will give them 5.9% on a car purchase. Dealers are also trying hard to sow-up deals before the end of 2014, I'm in no rush as at the moment the F Types are dropping in value quicker than our Evoque.

If you are interested in a June 14 high spec Evoque drop me a pm, the car had issues early on but is running well now, todays trip into town returned 42.3 mpg, I'll be lucky to get 25 out of an F Type but it will be lots more fun!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
19-12-2014 07:13pm
speedbird

I will read the small print. I have never had finance before. if I cannot pay it off within first couple of months I will reconsider. What is the spec and price of yours please?
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 08:33pm by speedbird.)
19-12-2014 08:32pm
XFullFatTim

Tony's car is advertised in the For Sale section with as much detail as you could want!
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-FOR-SALE-...-June-2014

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-12-2014 10:03pm
mark_n

(19-12-2014 10:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony's car is advertised in the For Sale section with as much detail as you could want!
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-FOR-SALE-...-June-2014

Gosh, black car, black wheels, privacy glass. That's a lot of black. Tony, will your F-Type be black too?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-12-2014 03:15am
XFullFatTim

He runs an undertaker's business on the side.................

21-12-2014 04:58am
Tony

(21-12-2014 03:15am)mark_n Wrote:  Gosh, black car, black wheels, privacy glass. That's a lot of black. Tony, will your F-Type be black too?

Yes, one of several we are considering is in 'Team Colours' but with red seats. Trying to find a decent 14 plate F Type V6S with the 'essential' extras like reverse camera, heated seats, cruise and of course the 'Loud Button' is proving to be a bit of a mine field. Still I can now write a book on BS statements from salesmen. At least time should be on our side as more Fs come to the market and they seem to drop in value quicker than the Evoque. If LR had not dropped the RR Sport SE we would not have had all of this agro and expense.

(21-12-2014 04:58am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  He runs an undertaker's business on the side.................

Most things can be arranged at a price! Wink

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 11:20am by Tony.)
21-12-2014 11:19am