Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to buy accessories
mark_n

Where to buy accessories

I've priced the accessories I want - mud-flaps, roof rails plus a variety of mats/load space protectors and it comes to rather a lot. Where are you buying your accessories from for the best price?

It's a pity there's no loadspace protector with a fold out flap to protect the rear bumper. I habitually use the rear bumper to do up the laces on my walking boots which will wreak havoc without some sort of protection. I know the padded-cell option has one but it's not great.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 10:31am by mark_n.)
08-12-2011 08:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: Where to buy accessories

The Landrover hatch bag for the rear load space does have a part that can fold put onto the bumper.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
08-12-2011 09:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Pete, do you mean this thing?

http://assets.config.landrover.com/v21a2...vs0090.jpg

Mark

08-12-2011 10:39am
bell-auto-services

Yes thats it Mark. they are a good quality also, infact I just split milk this morning on my way to work and it just wiped up perfectly without soaking into my carpet and stinking for ever like milk does so to me its worth it for those smaller hickup things that does happen over the life of our cars.

Pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 10:47am by bell-auto-services.)
08-12-2011 10:45am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

I've been looking as well.

I found this RAC load cover which also covers the bumper...and up the back of the rear seats (for my dog).

http://shop.readersdigest.co.uk/boot-bum...th=205_206

How much is the LR hatchbag?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
08-12-2011 10:59am
bell-auto-services

I cant remeber the price, i think about 100 quid, though it does cover all the boot carpet and does cover all the rear seats if they are folded flat. here is a couple of pics showing how it sips up at the edge and how it fits to the boot line with velcro.

pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-12-2011 11:05am
mark_n

Thanks Pete, I think it's ideal if you have a dog but I really just wanted the rigid load space protector with a fold-out bumper protector. I'll probably buy one though, offers the best protection when transporting messy stuff.

Daigriff: I think it's about £80; there's also a make called Boot Buddy who do a separate flap which I think you can velcro to the LR loadspace rubber mat or rigid load space protector. With the social seating coming out in 2012 which I think will be useful, I want to be able to whip out one solution and use another.

Mark

08-12-2011 11:07am
bell-auto-services

I have the rubber one underneeth but it does not fold out.

08-12-2011 11:08am
mark_n

(08-12-2011 11:08am)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I have the rubber one underneeth but it does not fold out.

Yes, my plan is to buy the Boot Buddy bumper protector and velcro it to the underside of the rigid loadspace protector. A friend has a Q5 which has a well designed boot liner.

Mark

08-12-2011 11:14am
Gthornton

Mark,

If you get any info on roof rail supply there is a few of us who would love to know.

It seems there maybe a shortage....

Cheers!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
08-12-2011 02:27pm