Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where's the fuel filler door opener???
Coolbanana

RE: Where's the fuel filler door opener???

Having read this I've just popped into the garage and the filler flap is locked on my RRE. So, yeah, lockable clearly.

I do recall reading somewhere though when I had the LR4 that U.S. spec LR4's didn't have lockable fuel flaps/caps so could well be a U.S. spec thing!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
14-07-2012 09:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Where's the fuel filler door opener???

No mine is the same as UK, the body fuel cap locks/unlocks with the doors. I was suggesting maybe the dealer was talking about an aftermarket lockable fuel cap

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-07-2012 11:39am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In the USA gas is subsidised so much and is so cheap that nobody needs to syphon it or steal it, unlike Europe and most other parts of the world where we have 140/150% taxes on it and then tax on the tax which means you either have to have a 2nd mortage even to fill the itsy bitsy 60ltr tank of an RRE or locks to keep that precious liquid from being removed by ne'erdo wells

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-07-2012 12:09pm
Evoquer

I went to the dealer early this morning and I was able to open the gas filler doors of some of the Land Rovers (including Evoque) parked on their yard. LaughingLaughingLaughing So, yes, it's a US thing - not only mine. Rolling Eyes

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
19-07-2012 04:55am
mark_n

Turns out there are indeed two versions of the fuel filler compartment, one with and one without central locking. The difference is cost between the two is about £7 - as spare parts - so it's not clear why they would be interested in shipping a car without. May be it's a cultural thing of what we're used to.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-07-2012 01:05pm
Evoquer

I was more concerned about someone filling in my tank with H2O (or sewer) and therefore damaging my car rather than stealing the (CH3)3CCH2CH(CH3)2 from my car.

This is the first car that I've ever seen that doesn't lock the gas door. I guess I just need to get used to this new culture - 'openness'.

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
20-07-2012 05:48am