Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creaking and cracking...
m_101

Creaking and cracking...

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else is encountering this as it is REALLY annoying.
I'm getting creaking and cracking noises from the centre console just about every time I accelerate from standstill, come to a stop, or go round a roundabout or sharp ish corner.
It comes from several bits of the transmission tunnel.
To be honest I'm quite pissed off with it because I didn't pay £39k for a car which creaks worse than the hips of most of the old ladies I examine! It totally spoils the car and I have to turn up the stereo to drown it out. It went into Taggarts in Maryhill who fitted a rattle kit, which improved the problem transiently for a couple of months but it is now worse than it was before.
In addition, I seem to now also have an intermittent rattle from inside the b pillar behind my right ear, which is also incredibly annoying.
I had been considering sending Pete@landrover a PM about it but wanted to ask first how common this is and if anyone else has found other solutions? I'm at my wits end here as it sounds way worse than the wife's 6 year old Audi tt!
Thanks!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
01-01-2014 11:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Creaking and cracking...

Hi m_101

Try this thread
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-I-just-ki...ole+rattle

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-01-2014 11:58pm
m_101

Cheers PhilSkill
Tried it this morning - see other thread. Worked a treat!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
05-01-2014 12:52pm
tetstb

I feel your pain

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
05-01-2014 07:19pm