Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where do you keep your keys ???
Jonathon555

RE: Where do you keep your keys ???

Passsenger seat normally , until the first roundabout

Then down the side of the seat

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
06-07-2012 06:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

Wallet surrounds my phone and goes into cupholder space. The keys go in the rectangular area right next to that.
06-07-2012 07:25pm
SiT

In the centre console for me - i think it needs a dock like Audi A4
06-07-2012 09:18pm
olde

Under the steering wheel is a lever that holds the steering wheel in place. If you losten that lever just enough to make room for the key, you are not then in too much danger of pulling the steering wheel off just so you can have a place to store your key. Coincidentally, the car's transceiver is near there too.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
07-07-2012 11:55pm
benzina

The Centre console small compartment next to the cupholders for me.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
08-07-2012 02:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If I'm travelling smartly dressed then I make like a rep and hang my jacket from the rear coat hook, with the fob inside a pocket. Travelling in casual mode then, it stays in a trouser pocket or under the sliding cover for the cup holders.

Somebody mentioned chipped credit card style fobs...................... IIRC Renault or Citroen had these a few years back and they had loads of problems with folks leaving cars for servicing and the garage not being able to get into them as the owner had walked off with the keycard in their wallet!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-07-2012 02:45pm
mzn50

Ya have to give it to the French.. Well once in a while .. Smile
Walking away with the card is no diff then with a FOB.. The dealer is a tool for not confirming having the key.. In any case.. If it were an option I'd take the card option as I always carry my wallet..

I just had my X5 lock me out with me throwing my FOB in my jacket in back seat and closed the door and then i hear the click.. Modafliper...

I read this happen to on Evoque user.. I hope it's not a common issue..!

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
08-07-2012 03:27pm
Nowaytk

Somebody mentioned chipped credit card style fobs...................... IIRC Renault or Citroen had these a few years back and they had loads of problems with folks leaving cars for servicing and the garage not being able to get into them as the owner had walked off with the keycard in their wallet!
[/quote]

When mine went in for suspension work, I went to pick it up & a v nice lady brought it round the front for me, turned it off, showed me to the car only to realise she didn't have the fob. She the went back to workshop to retrieve it from the technician only to be told he had just gone out on a test drive, so here I am with my car in the middle of the main route in & out of the dealership with a car that won't start & a couple of irate people trying to leave, eventually the tech came back about 15 mins later a bit red faced lol ( didn't mind as was in no hurry & it had a somewhat comical factor to it ), on the plus side as I was waiting I think I managed to persuade an another customer to buy one by showing them around mine lol

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
08-07-2012 03:47pm