Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you're in France, don't go to NORAUTO...
Kimv

I have made the huge mistake of letting a NORAUTO-"mechanic" install my French license plate... Not only did they drill 2 useless holes in the front bumper but they also smeared some black sticky paste that was used to hold the aluminum support (which they folded up and threw away without asking), that held my previous license plate, all over the tail gate... The car has marks of this all over now and can't get them off...

I spoke about the holes to their customer service who contacted the manager of this place and he said that "it was the only way to fix the license plate, the mechanic had no other choice..." The holes aren't even used!! Because I demanded that he uses the existing holes (previous license plate) instead!

Does anyone have a suggestion to remove the smears? I was thinking about polishing the tail gate...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
28-07-2012 06:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: When you're in France, don't go to NORAUTO...

Get some tar and glue remover - that should get rid of it
28-07-2012 08:40pm
Kimv

(28-07-2012 08:40pm)WB Wrote:  Get some tar and glue remover - that should get rid of it

I've tried Tar-X. Didn't help.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
28-07-2012 08:44pm
WB
WB

RE: When you're in France, don't go to NORAUTO...

(28-07-2012 08:44pm)Kimv Wrote:  I've tried Tar-X. Didn't help.

It will probably need to soak. Put some tar-x on some kitchen paper and leave it on the smears for 5 mins then wipe off.
28-07-2012 09:05pm