Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oxford leather perforated seats
JaneRom

We have the option of perforated Oxford leather seats on our new 2014 evoque order. What is the difference between the ordinary Prestige Oxford leather seats and the option of perforated leather? Can anyone help? Our dealer now has a build date for us in January Very HappyVery Happy
27-11-2013 08:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Oxford leather perforated seats

(27-11-2013 08:02am)JaneRom Wrote:  We have the option of perforated Oxford leather seats on our new 2014 evoque order. What is the difference between the ordinary Prestige Oxford leather seats and the option of perforated leather? Can anyone help? Our dealer now has a build date for us in January Very HappyVery Happy

Thought perforated seats come only with the option of ventilated seats. Assume the perforated leather looks like the standard fit seats in the Dynamic?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
27-11-2013 08:17am
MarkA_

Perforated oxford leather is part of the premium interior pack in the dynamic and are for cooled seats.

In dynamic you cannot have oxford leather on standard seats without perforation.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 08:36am by MarkA_.)
27-11-2013 08:35am
PhilSkill

(27-11-2013 08:02am)JaneRom Wrote:  We have the option of perforated Oxford leather seats on our new 2014 evoque order. What is the difference between the ordinary Prestige Oxford leather seats and the option of perforated leather? Can anyone help? Our dealer now has a build date for us in January Very HappyVery Happy

Sorry if this is obvious, If you're asking about the physical difference other than the "cooling option", in the perforated there are lots of tiny cut outs in a pattern in the large centre leather sections of the seats which give it a sporty look (hence the Dynamic has it), the non-perforated has a flat smooth finish leather, the Oxford Leather is a softer to touch leather than the standard.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-11-2013 10:08am
Donny Dog

You could always perforate your own, if you had the patience!Laughing
27-11-2013 11:22am
JaneRom

Brilliant replies !! especially the one about perforating myself!! Still no clearer in my mind about the advantage of one or another though, guys!
27-11-2013 08:28pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(27-11-2013 08:28pm)JaneRom Wrote:  Brilliant replies !! especially the one about perforating myself!! Still no clearer in my mind about the advantage of one or another though, guys!

Well the only advantage will be it gives you ventilated seats, which I suspect guessing where you live will be really useful on those long journeys LaughingLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
27-11-2013 08:49pm
JaneRom

(27-11-2013 08:49pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Well the only advantage will be it gives you ventilated seats, which I suspect guessing where you live will be really useful on those long journeys LaughingLaughing

Well funny you should say that .... we travel regularly down to Spain!! so might be worth doing then? We have already ordered air con and heated seat options.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 10:24pm by JaneRom.)
27-11-2013 10:11pm